letter of evidence question

xkex5088

I went to the AME and they said that I had a color deficiency and that I needed to find an alternate test that I can pass. I went to an optometrist and took the Ishihara 14 plate color test, which is not an alternate, but standard test for color vision. I contacted the FAA and they send me a letter and a renewed medical without the restriction. It says "Our review of the report of successful completion of the Ishihara color vision test has established that you are eligible for a first-class medical certificate. Enclosed is your first-class Airman Medical and Student Pilot Certificate without the color vision limitation. It requires your signature. Use of the above reference numbers on future correspondence and\or reports will aid us in locating your file." What I'm asking, is this a "letter of evidence" and that I will not have to go and take another color vision test at the AME? I received this letter before July 28th 2008.

So this is the Letter of Evidence and all I have to do is present this to an AME and he/she won't give me the color vision test and no restrictions will go on my medical for the rest of my life?

There was the unrestricted medical and then there was a letter. The letter said "Our review of the report of successful completion of the Ishihara color vision test has established that you are eligible for a first-class medical certificate. Enclosed is your first-class Airman Medical and Student Pilot Certificate without the color vision limitation. It requires your signature. Use of the above reference numbers on future correspondence and\or reports will aid us in locating your file."

okay. shouldn't the FAA have giving me a letter of evidence since I sent it in and got it back in April?

Back