Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

JaceTheAce

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KGFK 031253Z 36023G28KT 1/2SM -SN BLSN OVC006 M09/M11 A3022 RMK AO2 PK WND 35029/1239

[/FONT]
snowman.jpg

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]
[/FONT]

Damn Schizophrenic weather! Changes are so god damn dramatic, one day it might be 55F and then the next its 12F.

Yeah... I drove around with bald summer tires. Very fun. Hit the brakes 400 feet in advance :D

Haha, well you called it when you changed to those things.

Hey, lets go out and try to crash into eachother while we do that thing that you know that we do. Can't say the "drift" word, someone might get pissed. :sarcasm::D

I'd rather call it a "slide" because we're talking about FWD vehicles in this case.

Exactly. I think it's hilarious when n00bs/ricers autocross and they pull the ebrake around every turn... yeah like that's going to help your times!

I have always been a fan of global warming. I hope it keeps getting warmer so that us northern states don't always freeze to death. Although in "The Day After Tomorrow", global warming actually caused an ice age within a couple weeks or so, so I don't want it to get that bad.

I'd rather call it a "slide" because we're talking about FWD vehicles in this case.

I'd still call it drifting. Simply because you can use every technique that you use in a RWD/AWD car in a FWD car. The only thing you can't do is use power to initiate a slide and unless you're powering out of a corner from a stop or a previously slower corner(s) you would never use this technique anyway. Unless you enjoy the risk of understeering instead and crashing.

Honestly, I'd say most of the time I don't use the e-brake at all anymore. It's almost always initiated by a feint or lifting the gas. I've figured out how to initiate liftoff oversteer very well in my car.

A drift in an FF can be initiated in most of the same ways but can't be prolonged like it can by using the engine to maintain the break in traction force (keep the rear wheels from hooking back up).

A drift in an FF can be initiated in most of the same ways but can't be prolonged like it can by using the engine to maintain the break in traction force (keep the rear wheels from hooking back up).

Yeah, I'll agree with you there. I have to slide a rediculous speeds and extremly high rotation angles if I want to hold the thing sideways for more than like 20 feet after a corner. I'm also limited to 90 degree corners if I want to maintain speed and sideways action through the corner. Much more than that and speed has to give if I want to stay sideways(mostly from having to re-apply the e-brake or go into a braking drift), or I have to stop sliding if I want to maintain speed. Basically I guess what all that jiberish means is that with a FWD car(mine at least) corner entry is the same as any other layout, but exit is different.

Back