Leipzig Germany

Polar742

All the responsibility none of the authority
Met up with some fellow FOs for breakfast and we decided to take a day trip.

Four F/Os, each of which can speak broken German, trying to buy a train ticket:
IMAG0065.jpg

Ridin' the Regio:
IMAG0069.jpg

"St. Thomas Kirche": The church where J.S. Bach played the organ and directed the Boy's Choir:
IMAG0075.jpg

Inside the Church:
IMAG0087.jpg

The organ. Unfortunately the organ that Bach played was lost in a fire, but this is very similar to the one he played:
IMAG0086.jpg

The "Neues Rathaus" or the "New City Hall". We took a tour to the top of the tower. All stairs baby....
IMAG0092.jpg

Pics from the top:
IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

Where we ate lunch, and I coincidentally ran into a friend that flies for another airline (It really is a small world out there). I was able to get a traditional Bavarian meal outside of Bavaria, making me quite happy.:

IMAG0073.jpg

The Market Place and city center in the town we stay at:
IMAG0105.jpg

You had four FO's? WHere in the hell did you fly in from, the Antarctic? :)

You had four FO's? WHere in the hell did you fly in from, the Antarctic? :)

No, we just all seem to gravitate to certain spots. It's double crewed coming in 1 CA/ 3 gear slingers and there's only one flight out a day.

Plus I even got a landing today. I'll prolly get another one at the end of the month. When it rains, it pours, baby...

I got a landing today in JFK too. Gusty, windy and I did alright.

Made up for pranging the landing a couple weeks ago when we ferried from LYS.

Are you going straight back to the EU? I'm headed to NCE tomorrow for a 48 and a little advanced notice that you're on continent would be good ! ;)

I got a landing today in JFK too. Gusty, windy and I did alright.

Made up for pranging the landing a couple weeks ago when we ferried from LYS.

Are you going straight back to the EU? I'm headed to NCE tomorrow for a 48 and a little advanced notice that you're on continent would be good ! ;)

Nope, Shanghai for 30 some hours, then back to ANC, back to the house.

I won't be back on the continent until the end of June....

You already have your June sched? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

You already have your June sched? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Good because I bid it. It got it to overlap a training event, so another day at home.

We run 30 day and 60 day lines. 60 day lines go Junior, and I like it so we can plan 2 months of our lines at a time.

Anyway, holla out on the 4th if ya'll have time...I should be at the ranch.

Perhaps it's my post-crossing jet-lag but "the ranch"? :)

How many landings do you guys get a month? The captain takes most of the landings in the big tin or what?

1 or 2...

With the hierarchy, the CA will always stay current.

Then when you have 2 or 3 FOs, you all rotate. And you may not be a group for the whole trip.

For example, when I get done with this trip, I'll have flown 5 legs. The CA usually takes a landing, and I've flown with 2 CAs, so there's only 3 landings available.

Out of those 3 landings there were 5 FOs on this trip to split them.

Makes for sparse "hands on" time, but we all work together. First question usually is, "Who needs a landing?" Then all the duties are kinda fleshed out then.

why can't anyone take me to Germany?:(

Ain't missin' much buddy.
There is a almost invisible :)sarcasm:) difference between crashing into GER once in a while and spending a bit of time, vs. being a 50% taxed, $7/gallon citizen living with pretty tense people.
The eastern part of Germany has certainly experienced good times since the 90's, Leipzig looked a heck of a lot different before it was sponsored into competition. I remember a few heavy sessions of stroke like (partial facial numbness, inablility to walk straight 15+ hours after the last one) recoveries from heavy drinking parties, when Trabants could still be "bought" by picking them up on the side of the road, where newly minted "Volkswagen & Audi Owners" had dumped them. Killed a BMW there...

Neat pics though!

Awesome pictures:rawk:

Where in Germany is Leipzig? The only place in Germany I have been is Frankfurt.

Back