Leidos Dispatch Officer opening

Leidos is the company that is contracted to provide FSS services for the FAA. The 1800WXBRIEF folks.

At first I thought it said Lidos - The flight planning software.

Last edited:
Is the job still up? I’ve filtered through the various cities and keywords and haven’t found anything.

I suspect it was for the FAA flight inspection group; the group that flight tests navaid signals and such.

Back in my military days, we installed a mobile GCA facility at RAF Greenham Common, England - about 60 miles west of London, to support the INF treaty (late 80's). Had the military version of flight check come in (C-140 Jetstar). I got to go up for a ride as the facility was officially flight checked and certified as operational. Pretty cool. About a week later the first Russian's came for there initial visit/inspection of the GLCM (Ground Launch Cruise Missile) facility.

I did see this one listing for a job in exotic Kabul. Not my thing, but for someone looking to get away from it all, maybe?

I did see this one listing for a job in exotic Kabul. Not my thing, but for someone looking to get away from it all, maybe?

Doubt anyone here would qualify...

Basic Qualifications

• U.S. Citizen
• 5 years’ experience in Flight and/or Base Operations or 3 years of military experience as a flight operations technician
Active Secret Clearance
• Very familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Access
• Ability to work and live in a team environment

Doubt anyone here would qualify...

Basic Qualifications

• U.S. Citizen
• 5 years’ experience in Flight and/or Base Operations or 3 years of military experience as a flight operations technician
Active Secret Clearance
• Very familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Access
• Ability to work and live in a team environment

I dunno, some ex-military people might qualify. I had one for a while, but at this point, I’m sure it’s no longer active.

I know when I worked at ATA, because we did so many military charters, our dispatchers were required to keep at least a secret security clearance. I presume it was DOD requirement. I am not sure if that rule is still in effect.

Not to change the subject, but for you Star Wars fans - Here are some pics at RAF Greenham Common when filming was done

1617797693846.png

1617797720193.png

Back