Layover cities for the regionals

dutch_76

Hi,

Can anyone say which of the following cities have a high probability of being a layover on any given trip for the following airlines:

Compass:

DTW

CHQ:

BWI
BOS
JFK
LGA
DCA

Expressjet (ERJ):

PBI
ORD
EWR
LGA
DCA
IAD

Expressjet (CRJ):

BDL
FLL
BWI
BOS
JFK
LGA
DCA
IAD

Shuttle America (Delta):

ATL
BOS
LGA
DCA

Shuttle America (United):

MIA
ORD
BDL
IAD

Republic:

MCO
PBI
ORD
BWI
BOS
BDL
JFK
DCA

Air Wisconsin:

MCO
BWI
BDL
EWR
LGA
JFK
DCA
IAD

Thanks.

Every of those cities and airlines, at least one of the cities is a pilot base.

It may affect my QOL if hired. The repeated cities listed are from a few states where I may be relocating to. I'm thinking if I'm lucky I may be able to spend just a couple more nights per month at home with the wife and kids.

It may affect my QOL if hired. The repeated cities listed are from a few states where I may be relocating to. I'm thinking if I'm lucky I may be able to spend just a couple more nights per month at home with the wife and kids.

OK.

I would say slim chance of laying over in one of those cities at any of those regionals. Most of them are mainline cities. Furthermore, regionals open and close bases A LOT, gain and loose flying, get realigned, etc, so tough to judge on QOL.

Getting hired and gaining seniority is a much easier way to assure that you have more days off at home.

Understood.

Thanks
OK.

I would say slim chance of laying over in one of those cities at any of those regionals. Most of them are mainline cities. Furthermore, regionals open and close bases A LOT, gain and loose flying, get realigned, etc, so tough to judge on QOL.

Layover cities come and go.

Trust me.

Sent from my TRS-80

Oh hell any bid would be strictly financial. Unfortunately senior FO racks up a higher W-2 than junior captain.

Sent from my TRS-80

If anything is constant in the airline world it is change and nowhere is that more evident than crew bases and overnights. Especially the latter. Enjoy the travel aspect by researching the places you go without being closed minded, make the best of it, and you will enjoy the biz. There are great things to see in all corners of the world with a little effort. Embrace the variety.

Bases? Geesh...get hung up on that over the course of your career and you'll be in the loony bin.

Oh hell any bid would be strictly financial. Unfortunately senior FO racks up a higher W-2 than junior captain.

Sent from my TRS-80

Junior Capt at a career airline? I don't get it personally.

Meh, over rated! :)

Event WXman realized ER FO to the mad dog (CA) was a mistake and is trying to come back.

Sent from my TRS-80

A lot of the cities are bases. Why not just move to your base rather than roll the dice on a reduced rest overnight in your home city? Then you're home a lot more than if you're commuting. Of those cities listed, the only one that I know has a lot of overnights is BWI. 9E has tons. Most of them are high speeds. As was mentioned, that could just as easily go to CHQ at some point or even XJT if they decided to toss them into the JFK mix.

Layover cities come and go.

Trust me.

Sent from my TRS-80

Yup...so much can change, look at other things that will increase your QOL (contract). You'll learn very quickly that QOL doesn't come from time at work, it comes from pay and time off. Rarely are you actually on an overnight long enough that it really matters where you are.

Back