LAX

dark_reaper

Airport Bum!
I had an interview for a position at LAX. I was told I might be starting out at $16 an hour, but since I am not from LA. Will I be able to survive on that amount? If so where will be a good area to live on that amount. The position is full time with possible OT. I do not know anything about LA other than it is expensive and I am from Florida. Any help will be appreciated.

What was the position for and with who?

$16 an hour is pretty good money, but the job would have to be worth it

That sounds doable. There is a member here who works ramp at LAX at that pay scale I think. The member might be Krieger, maybe he will chime in.

If i get the position, I will be a fueling supervisor for ASIG. I am already employed by thier sister company, it will just be a transfer.

Better late than never! Did you take that position? 30k per year is low but doable in LA. I hope you are single and have a car!

I have a jeep, and I am single, so I luck out at that. I have not heard anything yet on the position, I was told either last week or this week. I did a phone interview for Southwest this past friday, so either way I am set.

Back