LAX short call

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
Anyone here either sit short call or know of someone who does while living in the socal area generally outside of a two hour window? Debating just getting a crashpad that short of home which seems a little silly or just hanging out halfway which seems like it would get old fast. Just curious what others experiences are.

Aren't you much closer to SNA?

Last edited:
Who you working for now? At The D you’re likely to have between zero and 3 SCs a month. Hardly worth a crash pad.

Aren't you much closer to SNA?
I am, no co-domicile there though.
Who you working for now? At The D you’re likely to have between zero and 3 SCs a month. Hardly worth a crash pad.
Hot dog on a stick trailways. No long call for us unfortunately, hopefully it’s in the cards on the next contract. Sitting LC in San Diego would be the next best thing to bring home based.

That's what I did. Had a 17th class B motorhome that was on a Dodge van chassis. Had a bed and a toilet/shower. I stayed on the street in El Segundo and did short call in Ontario. Only lasted 6 months and I ended up buying a condo in PSP cause reserve turned out to be a real good deal back then.

If you do end up doing the crash pad thing, let me know. The crash pad I was using was walkable to LAX and a pretty sweet setup...for a crash pad.

That's what I did. Had a 17th class B motorhome that was on a Dodge van chassis. Had a bed and a toilet/shower. I stayed on the street in El Segundo and did short call in Ontario. Only lasted 6 months and I ended up buying a condo in PSP cause reserve turned out to be a real good deal back then.
Res is a real good deal now too.

Reactions: EIR
Only sat short call a handful of times in LAX. I just posted up with a pillow and blanket in my quiet room and watched Netflix. Then commuted home.

couple times had a trip the next day. If that was case I just went straight to the Sonesta and relaxed there.

WTF are sonestas BTW? I’m like a gold medallion member of their free/just submit email address but pay nothing club. The WiFi is tight tight tight though. I’m convinced it is a hotel only for crew members. The regular people there are just actors, and this is the Truman show

Best LAX short call I ever had was grabbing last minute tix to a friendly between Manchester United and LA Galaxy. Even saw Becks!

WTF are sonestas BTW? I’m like a gold medallion member of their free/just submit email address but pay nothing club. The WiFi is tight tight tight though. I’m convinced it is a hotel only for crew members. The regular people there are just actors, and this is the Truman show
I’d never heard of/stayed in them prior to Mama D…the one I’ve laid over at in CMH was actually really nice. The one in ATL next to HQ, it’s not so grand, in a drive by/shooty kinda way.

I’d never heard of/stayed in them prior to Mama D…the one I’ve laid over at in CMH was actually really nice. The one in ATL next to HQ, it’s not so grand, in a drive by/shooty kinda way.
Best view of arrivals into SXM is at the Sonesta.

Back