Last CRJ Delivered to Skywest!

jose1337

Delivered Friday to BNA, before a quick repo to SBN where it will probably start revenue service soon. After 1945 were built, now Mitsubishi needs to finally certify the Spacejet to replace it...

Delivered Friday to BNA, before a quick repo to SBN where it will probably start revenue service soon. After 1945 were built, now Mitsubishi needs to finally certify the Spacejet to replace it...
I wonder if the space jet will ever be certified. They were doing the work at my local airport and it sounded like nothing but problems. I think there might be more of a chance to fly a COMAC than a Mitsubishi.

I wonder if the space jet will ever be certified. They were doing the work at my local airport and it sounded like nothing but problems. I think there might be more of a chance to fly a COMAC than a Mitsubishi.
Wasn't there some sort of major structural issue (as in, ground 'em and do a major multi-year redesign) after the first flight?

Oh it'll be certified, but will it ever fly for a regional (except Horizon :rolleyes: ). NO

Those dummies at Mitsu actually thought scope clauses would be relaxed to fit their heavy plane. What hubris to think you're special enough to make that happen, talk about missing the mark and misjudging the market.

From 2019:

“When we established our contract with [Trans States], the outlook on the regional market was very different,” Hisakazu Mizutani, president of Mitsubishi Aircraft, said in a statement. “Scope clause has not relaxed as anticipated.”

There was literally nothing in the last 15+ years to make them think scope would be relaxed.

I did hear structural but it seemed like they were having a heck of a time with the engines.

Oh it'll be certified, but will it ever fly for a regional (except Horizon :rolleyes: ). NO

Those dummies at Mitsu actually thought scope clauses would be relaxed to fit their heavy plane. What hubris to think you're special enough to make that happen, talk about missing the mark and misjudging the market.

From 2019:

There was literally nothing in the last 15+ years to make them think scope would be relaxed.

How's that any different from E2 fam?

I mean the slightly larger regional jetz like the 195 and E2 will likely do well in overseas markets. Even if they don't fly in the US or are flown by JetBlue or at a mainline carrier only (Cannibus at Delta) the will probably work well in overseas markets.

Why do pilats still support scope clauses? It just seems like a way to sacrificing a portion of capacity to a different pay scale with the thinking that no more than a small portion of otherwise mainline traffic can be steered towards it. AND WHY AM I ON A CRJ FOR 1,500 MILES?!

Why do pilats still support scope clauses? It just seems like a way to sacrificing a portion of capacity to a different pay scale with the thinking that no more than a small portion of otherwise mainline traffic can be steered towards it. AND WHY AM I ON A CRJ FOR 1,500 MILES?!
I support mine, which says, more or less, that we don’t do any of that stuff.

Last edited:
I support mine, which says, more or less, that we don’t do any of that stuff.
What stuff? Why isn't it a case where, when an airline wants to sell tickets from ORD-CVG, they can either use one of their own 737/A320s and crews, or two cheaper CPA CRJs (where they can even cancel one because nobody should be going to stupid Cincinnati)?

What stuff? Why isn't it a case where, when an airline wants to sell tickets from ORD-CVG, they can either use one of their own 737/A320s and crews, or two cheaper CPA CRJs (where they can even cancel one because nobody should be going to stupid Cincinnati)?
It’s not ironclad as I would like it to be now that I really read it (it never is, grumble!) but in short, all flying is to be done by pilots on the system seniority list except:
- for contracted out revenue flying, not to exceed 90 days, subject to the requirements of the Service, and due to aircraft unavailability (say, if an airplane is damaged in a maintenance facility somewhere and requires major repairs—this has happened in recent memory), or
- code-sharing/etc. agreements so long as it does not result in a reduction in force, or a reduction in the flying done by pilots on the system seniority list in terms of total block hours, according to a trailing twelve-month reckoning (this has not happened, parts of me doubt that it would for reasons, but it’s there).

Good but not good enough, now that I read it finely. More or less, though, everyone on the list’s got a job if they do fire Magic School Bus Express Operated By Non-Union Mormons In Janky-Ass Broken-Ass Regional Jets Getting 2% Of Nothing Into Their 401(k) Plans. (I’m sure that they’ve done a fine reading of it too down there; I wonder, really, if any of that stuff makes sense for this model of flying.)

Back