Last Chance Chance to Change Geo Pref....

Wyopoke79

Today has arrived...Last chance for Pub 2 people to change geographic choices....

I want to be in 3 places...but can only put down 2.... :banghead:

I have changed my mind a few times and updated a few more times... I guess Im going with Montana and Illinois...and sticking to it...

Anyone make a note in the extra box?

My ocd is showing a bit. I have re-submitted my preferences about 10 times, but keep it the same each time...

My ocd is showing a bit. I have re-submitted my preferences about 10 times, but keep it the same each time...

Haha I have done that too!

I keep editing my comment box. Do you think it would be a bad idea to mention that I have spoken with a facility manager at a specific facility and he mentioned that they are in need of controllers???

I changed the comments section last night, then changed it back to the way it was about 10 minutes later. I figured I'd just stick with what I had down the first time than trying to add something in that I may regret doing later.

How do you like Rosetta Stone? Is it worth the money? Wait, have you even opened the cd's yet? I ask because you say you don't know a dam word.

I torrent'd the program which came with 26 different languages that vary from level 2 to level 3. I mostly got it to mess around with and touch up on my german every now and then. It seems to be a good program but I haven't done anything too much in depth other than work halfway through the first level of french as I almost got a job with Interpol...

If you end up staying in touristy area of San Juan, you won't need spanish anyway. :bandit:

Good to know...

Good topic. Figure I should answer. Though I believe the box is to be used for mentioning where in bigger states you'd like to go, I didn't fully use it for that sole purpose - I also used it to talk about other states that would be most desirable. Hope it helped. I used basically all 500 characters allowed in the box, named specific counties when prudent. I said in addition to IL and AK, anywhere in WI, MN, MI, anywhere in New England (I said Suffolk County was tied for my No. 2 with Alaska and that Nantucket would be less desirable). Then I picked specific counties because the message beside the box implied that was preferable (counties in PA, NY, CO, MT and UT to be exact), and I the FAA isn't based in every county I'd like (where's Coconino County, AZ guys? :buck:). I mentioned I preferred colder, snowier areas, too. In spite of my climatic preferences...

Yeah i put puerto rico, virgin islands and Guam as well, well ima take guam away now

I was seriously considering adding PR and VI as well for the sake of increasing my chances, but decided against it. So you can have them, chief! I figure my county dancing efforts will be moot because they cannot get past that AK part in my original two states.

I listed the counties, then the specific facility I wanted all are short staffed. But I was working at 4am on that and think I may have put on number two state into the one position. O well I like Florida just as much as Texas.

Puerto Ricans talk REALLY fast. Very difficult to understand their Spanish unless you're really good.

Everyone knows ATC talks fast, Now think about Mexico controllers. Its crazy trying to understand their Spanish. I speak a little of Spanish but can only get the numbers when they talk. Thank God they always talk in English to American pilots. 'Royer'

Back