LAS Tower & TRACON Tour (sign-up)

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
This is the sign up sheet for the Tower Tour at LAS Airport.

Tour will be Monday, October 20, AM (early)...meeting at 8:30 AM with the tour starting at 9AM. I'll let you know where to meet once pengy gets back to me.

You'll need a US Drivers License in order to participate. They need them to do the proper check-in with visitor badge.

Tour will be similar to what we've done the past few years....Q/A session with ATC mgmt while some go tour the tower and vice versa. Unfortunately, not all can go into the tower at one time. Expect the tour itself to take about 2 hrs of your time.

List will be *limited* to 20 people as of right now. Only sign up on the list if you are registered and confirmed (ie: paid). if you are not yet confirmed to attend, put yourself on the wait list.

Thank Mpenguin...he worked his tushy off to get us in the door again this year.

Pengy said that mgmt will most likely be able to get us into the TRACON area this year (unlike years past) but you never know if that might change... we'll keep our fingers crossed.

ATC mgmt remembered our group AND THE GOODIES we brought.... we WILL want to bring some goodies again this year. Whoever is going to go on the tour should make plans with the other tour participants for goodie plans and $$ needed.

Meet Location:
Outside the Southwest Ticket Counter Terminal
We can then walk over to the building, address is:
6999 Wright Brothers Lane
Airport parking as if you are a passenger

updated info:

***Meeting Location****

I think it worked very well to meet at the airport, I will get an address & verify the meeting location, just to confirm.

Those with cars should be encouraged those without cars......
Pengy will be putting together Boeing goodie bags for the ATC folks, if anyone wants to add anything to them, contact him... all others should plan on putting in a few dollars for yum yum goodies (bagels, donuts, muffins etc).

ok, another update:

ATC needs the names in advance in order to do their background checks.

so, in order to accommodate, attendance will have to be finalized 2 weeks prior (October 6).

Me! Me! I want to go!

We moved the round table to Tuesday right? As long as it's not a conflict I'm in. Is there a master schedule floating around somewhere still I know I had the link at one point but can't find it. PM if necessary.

absolutely not ;)

the FAA will have the names of visitors ahead of time for their background checks...those who don't show will be known. :p

I'll be on a Southwest airline flight coming in at that time.....

....so I guess we will be there in spirit (or at least as a target on the radar screen!).

Michael

ok, another update:

ATC needs the names in advance in order to do their background checks.

so, in order to accommodate, attendance will have to be finalized 2 weeks prior (October 6).
I'll put Winnie down here as well, since she can't vote . . . she really liked the tour last time (she always talks about it).

Put my husband and I down. I think we are committing to going - YEAH!!! We will get registered this weekend.

Back