Laid Off...

fly6785

Don't you just hate when you quit an OK flying job to move on to a better flying job and then get told a few days after ground school while waiting to go to Sim u flite for your type rating... "I'm sorry but
our stats for profit aren't where they need to be we hope you understand"... Yeah I understand I just left my job for this and now i'm screwed and no way i can go back to my old job... Let the job search begin... What a world we live in... but I guess thats the aviation business for ya...

Damn! Sorry to hear that. I been ready to jump over to the first company that will give me a type rating but with recent events in the biz have been a little reluctant to leave my current job. Freakin biz is like musical chairs. Stay in your seat 'til the music starts again.

Don't you just hate when you quit an OK flying job to move on to a better flying job and then get told a few days after ground school while waiting to go to Sim u flite for your type rating... "I'm sorry but
our stats for profit aren't where they need to be we hope you understand"... Yeah I understand I just left my job for this and now i'm screwed and no way i can go back to my old job... Let the job search begin... What a world we live in... but I guess thats the aviation business for ya...

Unless you burned bridges (NOT suggested) or smeared poo in the executive bathroom, you can always ask for your old job back.

A quick story. A guy in my new hire ground school at Southernjets left for USAir about a year after we were hired. He lived in PIT, USAir was growing and he wouldn't have to commute any more.

Three days of ground school gave him an opportunity to see the underbelly of the airline. He knew he made a grand error and asked the chief pilot for his job back at Southernjets.

He got his job back WITH seniority.

So it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unless you burned bridges (NOT suggested) or smeared poo in the executive bathroom, you can always ask for your old job back.

A quick story. A guy in my new hire ground school at Southernjets left for USAir about a year after we were hired. He lived in PIT, USAir was growing and he wouldn't have to commute any more.

Three days of ground school gave him an opportunity to see the underbelly of the airline. He knew he made a grand error and asked the chief pilot for his job back at Southernjets.

He got his job back WITH seniority.

So it doesn't hurt to ask.

:yeahthat:

Back