Laid Off, New Job

CK

I got laid off today. We sold the Conquest and it will not be replaced any time soon. My boss broke his back in July after a fall from a counter in his home. He is not paralized, but is in quite a bit of pain still and will be for quite a while. That combined with business being down 80% from this time last year and losing nearly $500,000 on the Conquest all adds up to him wanting to get out of aviation for a while. He does plan to buy an airplane early next year when his back heals up.

Literally a minute after I got off the phone with my boss, I got a call from a good friend of mine offering me a job. His company owns two Meridians and a Twin Comanche. He and his business partner are both pilots and fly the planes themselves, but have decided they would like to hire a pilot. I leave for SimCom on the 26th. They also have two new Meridians on order and two Piper Jets on order. It is funny how aviation works. I guess I was unemployed for about a minute. Any way, here are some photos of my new planes.

The two Meridians:

Panel

Twin Co

Panel

They have two of these on order

The last time I'll see the Conquest, all ready to go to Germany

Here are a few other photos

Another Twin Co I've been flying quite a bit

ILS19 at Dover

Climbing away from Dover

Enroute to ACY in a 150

That's all,

Alex.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
One door closes and another door opens, man!

Sorry about the old job, but congrats on the new one! ;)

Bsmiller05

Geez...that first door wasn't even halfway closed before the next door was opened. I need a job, and you've got them flying (no pun intended) at you!

LineUpAndWait

That confirms it, we now know that CitationKid was Mother Teresa in another life and this is just the payback!

Seriously, congrats on the new toys man - that Commanche panel is nice. Great photos.

EineBeBoP

I love how you can go from a 6-pack panel to so many screens you think your in a pimped-out Escalade!

...Im jealous, as always.

Duck_Twacy

Congrats on the new gig, nice lookin' planes. I love the TwinCo, my favorite light twin for sure.

You are one lucky guy, enjoy every second of it!

MirageCM

Is the Piper Jet picture real or computer generated? It looks pretty real to me. I know that the jet has flown. Does anyone know how many flights have been made since the first flight?

CK

It is a real photo. It has made a lot of flights.

Thanks for the comments,

Alex.

ricecakecm

Hey, ask if it's possible to get Fred Schulz for your sim training, if he's still there. Good instructor and very knowledgeable.

The meridian's a good airplane. I've got a couple of hundred hours in it and was a part 135 check airman on it. With full fuel, you'll have about 500 pounds useful load, though. Take them as high as you can. You'll get 265-275 TAS at 270 and 280.

If you have any other questions, shoot me a pm.

CK

Hey, ask if it's possible to get Fred Schulz for your sim training, if he's still there. Good instructor and very knowledgeable.

The meridian's a good airplane. I've got a couple of hundred hours in it and was a part 135 check airman on it. With full fuel, you'll have about 500 pounds useful load, though. Take them as high as you can. You'll get 265-275 TAS at 270 and 280.

If you have any other questions, shoot me a pm.
I am actually going to use Dick Rouchfort for my initial training now. I used him on the Mirage and really liked his training style. I have been to SimCom in Vero and was not very impressed, but I have heard good things about Fred. I do look foward to the Meridian and have about 50 hours in it. 90% of the flying is with one or two executives/family members, so the low useful load won't be too big of a draw back. This is the '04 model with the higher useful load. I believe it is 600lbs.

Thanks,

Alex.

joliet

I am actually going to use Dick Rouchfort for my initial training now. I used him on the Mirage and really liked his training style. I have been to SimCom in Vero and was not very impressed, but I have heard good things about Fred. I do look foward to the Meridian and have about 50 hours in it. 90% of the flying is with one or two executives/family members, so the low useful load won't be too big of a draw back. This is the '04 model with the higher useful load. I believe it is 600lbs.

Thanks,

Alex.

Dude everyone is so sick of your ########, and posting these made up stories. Get a life, for realz~!