Labcorp Turboprop (likely PC-12) Pilot (Burlington, NC 1250TT+)

I see this position open quite often. I wonder why.

It always seemed like a really cool gig as I've talked to a Labcorp pilot and someone who flew the Bloodvan. It's a lot of night time and IFR and if you can handle that I think it will open up a ton of doors honestly, but for what they pay for what I believe is 4 days of flying a week is around 90k. If you have to ride out a slowdown you can do much worse for the times they're looking for.

Also I think you'd be surprised by how big their fleets are. I periodically check them and Quest Diagnostics who you might be confusing them with and I have rarely seen certain bases open since they upped their pay. I know not too many folks are lining up to living in Reading, PA, which is the one that was usually open, but even the last of Quest's pilot positions are full.

It always seemed like a really cool gig as I've talked to a Labcorp pilot and someone who flew the Bloodvan. It's a lot of night time and IFR and if you can handle that I think it will open up a ton of doors honestly, but for what they pay for what I believe is 4 days of flying a week is around 90k. If you have to ride out a slowdown you can do much worse for the times they're looking for.

Also I think you'd be surprised by how big their fleets are. I periodically check them and Quest Diagnostics who you might be confusing them with and I have rarely seen certain bases open since they upped their pay. I know not too many folks are lining up to living in Reading, PA, which is the one that was usually open, but even the last of Quest's pilot positions are full.
You're right. I'm betting it has a lot to do with location.

You're right. I'm betting it has a lot to do with location.

It's mins aren't much higher than the Fedex Caravan feeders and they pay much more for doing one 6-8 hour run like 4 days a week so I'd argue they'd have a better QoL too. I've given great thought to it at times as you seem to build good time, get to fly a great plane single pilot, get paid well and could easily do the job with a dog or family as it's a home every night kind of gig as I understand it. If APC is to be trusted Quest has 29 pilots so assuming a pilot only stays 3 years you're looking at 10 openings a year. I'm not sure how many Labcorp pilots there are, but I'd imagine it's not too different.

Back