Known Crewmember...

So PAFCA-DAL trying to get dispatchers KCM? Can anyone from there share any details?

Pretty sure with the TSA taking over the KCM program they are going to want to make the membership list more exclusive and not expand it. Not to mention from a regulatory standpoint,the dispatcher only needs to transit a security checkpoint once a year for job related functions (FAM ride)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The new TSA RAP Back program is for all crew members including dispatch. Pafca is using that phrasing to press the TSA to have dispatchers get crew badges and possible KCM access. If they're finally gonna call us crew members, then we're gonna make then treat us like crew members

A source at PAFCA DAL told me the same. As well as I guess ALPA is suing about the restrictions being added and scrutiny with RAP BACK. So DAL is hoping to jump on with ALPA as I guess they have been improving collaborations between the unions.

That’s just it. TSA have excluded us from KCM because we’re not crew members. But they called us crew members for purposes of Rap Back. They can’t have it both ways.

I don’t need KCM, but I wouldn’t say no to having it.

That’s just it. TSA have excluded us from KCM because we’re not crew members. But they called us crew members for purposes of Rap Back. They can’t have it both ways.

I don’t need KCM, but I wouldn’t say no to having it.

A DL mechanic working at their MRO told me they were included in the rap back program last year. Not sure if we’re being singled out as a work group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapback isn’t new. It’s been around for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I believe they focused on getting it implemented in order of what amounts to most at risk employees to least at risk employees in regards to committing crimes while employed. Rampers were placed in Rapback in 2022. So now they are finally getting to Pilots and Dispatchers. They weren't in a rush to get to us.

The regulation specifically states operator employees who hold a SIDA badge and crew members. Crew members is not defined. It seems like someone at the TSA has decided that dispatchers are included. The only way that is is if they are including dispatchers in their interpretation of the definition crew member. Thus it seems the TSA has made the argument for us being included in KCM.

Back