King Air Flight Instructor - Phoenix, AZ

Max Grossweight

King Air Instructors at TransPac Aviation Academy provide turbine and airline transition training to commercial-rated international airline cadets. TransPac needs professional aviators capable of providing excellent customer service and serving as subject matter experts in the fields of airline, multi-crew, and turbine flight operations.

Instructors assigned to the King Air program must be capable of independently managing assigned training activities, while effectively supporting the objectives of our team. Each instructor selected for this program will be trained and qualified for ground, simulator, and flight training activities.

A Day in the Life
Instructors are assigned a weekly schedule with assignments being rotated in order to provide rest, and currency with all aspects of the program. Our current mission is to replicate an airline training center and expose airline cadets to professional, multi-crew operations in turbine aircraft. A typical working day may include:
• Multiple IFR flight segments of approximately two hours each simulating airline operations
• 4-8 hours in the King Air FFS conducting Line-Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) scenarios
• 6-9 hours teaching CRM fundamentals or transport-category aircraft systems

Where we operate
TransPac Aviation Acadmey is located in Phoenix, Arizona and operates out of facilities located at Deer Valley Airport (KDVT), Glendale Municipal Airport (KGEU), and Chandler Airport (KCHD). Our training destinations for the tubine program are airports located in southern California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.

What we operate
Level C King Air C90A Full-Flight Simulator (FFS)
Beechcraft King Air E90 Fleet
Airbus A320 Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD)

We take care of our own...
• Competitive Salary + Quarterly Profit Sharing
• 401k + Company Match…50% of each contributed dollar up to 6% of salary
• Comprehensive health/dental/vision
• Paid Time Off – Vacation, sick days, and holidays
• Closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years
• Instructors have the ability to trade schedules with each other for better schedule flexibility
• ForeFlight Pro account provided to all instructors for documents and charting
• Stratus 2 units are provided for King Air flight operations to increase situational awareness and safety (synthetic vision capability included)

Do you have what it takes?
Required Qualifications
• ATP Certificate
• Current CFI / CFII / MEI
• Valid FAA Medical Certificate
• Total Time: 1,500 hours

Preferred Experience
• Multi-crew flight operations (aircraft requiring a Second in Command) | 200 hours minimum
• King Air and/or Airbus A320 operational experience
• Classroom Instruction (10-20+ students)

What do our current instructors say...
"I really value having the ability to continue building turbine, pilot-in-command experience while enjoying more time at home with my family." - Dennis F.
"I've enjoyed working with the students, and passing my knowledge and experience on to the next generation of airline pilots." - Fred S.
"Growing into an Assistant Chief role has been both challenging and rewarding. When I first hired on at TransPac, I wasn't sure how long I would be here based on the projected increase of opportunities at the LCCs and legacy airlines. However, this has really proven to be a place where I am able to contribute in a whole range of areas." - Pete M.

To apply: Send resume to humanresources@transpacacademy.com

TRANSPAC AVIATION ACADEMY IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE

Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all
newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your
rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.

Back