Kinematic Effects in Large Transport Aircraft

Some here may find this paper of interest

Malmquist, S., Vincenzi, D. A., & Liu, D. (2014). Kinematic Effects in Large Transport Aircraft. International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace, 1(3). Retrieved from http://commons.erau.edu/ijaaa/vol1/iss3/5

Looks like a lot of big words to say that looking farther down the runway while landing is better than looking directly in front of the plane.

Looks like a lot of big words to say that looking farther down the runway while landing is better than looking directly in front of the plane.

No, if you got that, you missed the point. In fact, that specifically will NOT work if you are also changing pitch!

Tl;dr

But seriously, I downloaded it. I'll read, maybe on my commute if I sit in the back

Was gonna say, the large plane drivers seem to not have any issues buzzing the fence in St. Maarten or landing just before the markers and making bravo in Aguadilla, PR. :)
So that explains why every time I've ridden in a UA 737 into BQN they seemed to use more braking than you'd think would be required for a runway that long ;)

So that explains why every time I've ridden in a UA 737 into BQN they seemed to use more braking than you'd think would be required for a runway that long ;)
And they never make bravo. Jetblue ALWAYS floats beyond bravo (3500 feet beyond the 1000 foot markers) for some reason and is usually a pretty hard touch down. Only FedEx makes bravo. In an MD11! Haha. I'm convinced it's always the same guy... Maybe it's @A300Capt!

We have nothing better to do in the morning, when the cargo is late, but to watch with judgemental eyes. :)

PM me next time you're here. We can drink rum like pirates. :)

Last edited:
Back