Kenya derelict plane auction

Even one of CAPs Facebook sites is all agaga over a 5K 707 from Kenya, also......dream in of takin cadets and ground teams places

The Good Idea Fairies are ridin high everywhere..............

Hiring mins?
The airline name will be DERELICTE!
93848.jpg

Here are some of the actual planes in Nairobi Jomo. I took these photos while walking around them. All of the tires were flat. There were birds living in the planes with no cargo door or windows. A lot had no engines. I couldn't get up there to see what the cockpit looked like but, you can only guess.

These are the good ones.

20200223_102930.jpg
20200223_102925.jpg
20200223_102859.jpg
20200223_102840.jpg

Last edited:
Them CRJ-100ERs are former Comair: N912CA, N933CA, N934CA

Two DC-9-10s were with Midwest: N25AS/N600ME, N85AS/N500ME

Also this writeup. If you've watched The Wire, you know:
Transafrik Hercules S9-BAS, flying for the United Nations World Food Programme, contacted Lokichoggio Tower at 14:30 hours. The aircraft was returning from a food air drop at Motot, Southern Sudan. The pilot was advised to divert to Eldoret International Airport but he opted to land at Lokichoggio. The Tower cleared the Hercules to land on runway 27 at the pilot’s discretion. The aircraft made a very heavy landing short of the runway and the top centre fuselage broke. The aircraft came to a stop about one kilometre from the touchdown point. Shortly before coming to a halt, the aircraft impacted the HS 748 with its right wing tip. The captain, the first officer, the flight engineer and the two loadmasters evacuated themselves safely.

A repair crew started to work on S9-BAS on site at Lokichoggio in May 2006. The fuselage was repaired but the contractor left before repairs were completed. The airplane was seen in November 2008 parked at Lokichoggio without landing gear, engines and vertical stabilizer.

Are any of these planes actually salvageable? I mean take them apart, put in a box, ship to the states, new engines paint and interior. Or are they beyond that point? I’m talking about the small piston/king air.

No, they are not economically salvageable. As no efforts were made to preserve them, they aren't even good parts planes.

For many commercial aircraft, you can buy an airworthy plane with mid-time engines cheaper than the cost of overhauling engines.

Let's say I gave you an airworthy King Air 200 that just needed engines overhauled. That's $600k. If the engines can't be overhauled you are looking at spending a million on engines. You can get a mid-time 200 for that price. These Kenyan aircraft would have a problem with every major system.

You see many airlines parking planes when they are due for a D-Check because it can be cheaper to buy a plane with remaining hours/cycles.

Are any of these planes actually salvageable? I mean take them apart, put in a box, ship to the states, new engines paint and interior. Or are they beyond that point? I’m talking about the small piston/king air.

Unless the owner/ operator plans for them to be inactive and prepared for storage - you'll find every form of corrosion present. Corrosion never sleeps. The exfoliation corrosion will be so bad on these that the aluminum won't even be suitable for use as beer cans.

Back