Kalitta, Thanks for the Big Macs....

hook_dupin

I've just been deployed to a position equivalent to a civilian dispatch / air field management job at Kandahar, Afghanistan. Turns out, Kalitta Air brings in Big Macs from Dubai for us. Best "Thanks for serving" thing I've seen in a while. If you work for Kalitta...thanks for running a good show.

I've got 2 buddies that fly for Kalitta. I would think Connie would make a more impressive gesture than a frickin' Big Mac for the troops, but I suppose if you appreciate them that's all that matters. Be safe.

I don't think the Big Mac's came from Connie....DId the crew get these for you guys or did they bring ina 747's worth?

Cal Goat. Kalitta sends a 747 or more worth of Military care packages every year to our men and women in service. The care packages are packed by Kalitta employess and the employees of all three Kalitta Companies dontate time and $ to make it happen. It is pretty impressive to see a huge hanger full of packages for the troops when they build the packages and then the pallets.

It was just a bag of 20 or so for our building. Apparently, Krispy Kremes and milk are also occasionally given. After eating MREs and chow hall mystery meat for days on end, you'd be shocked at how good two all-beef patties, a sesame seed bun, and special sauce tastes...even if it's cold from the six hour flight.

Here's the guys who dolled it out. I share the suspicion that Connie was too busy buying speed tape to worry about it. But if he wasn't, good on him. If he was, good on the crews who did it.

I don't think the Big Mac's came from Connie....DId the crew get these for you guys or did they bring ina 747's worth?

Cal Goat. Kalitta sends a 747 or more worth of Military care packages every year to our men and women in service. The care packages are packed by Kalitta employess and the employees of all three Kalitta Companies dontate time and $ to make it happen. It is pretty impressive to see a huge hanger full of packages for the troops when they build the packages and then the pallets.

Not knockin' Kalitta at all. I'd love to fly for Connie.

It was just a bag of 20 or so for our building. Apparently, Krispy Kremes and milk are also occasionally given. After eating MREs and chow hall mystery meat for days on end, you'd be shocked at how good two all-beef patties, a sesame seed bun, and special sauce tastes...even if it's cold from the six hour flight.
One of the traditions when we hauled Ranger School candidates during mountain phase was to load the aircraft with junk food- hamburgers, candy, etc. It was the unwritten Ranger School rule that they could eat anything on the helicopter, but none of it could leave the helicopter with them. The one time they would get something other than 2 MRE's a day. I remember one mission the crew chief says "Sir, you gotta look at this." I looked back and a Ranger candidate was licking chocolate off the face of another one.

Back