Kalitta Charters Flight Follower Question

cavuforu

Posting to see if anyone can provide insight on the Flight Follower position for Kalitta Charters. Based on the job description, it looks like having your license is only a "preferred" requirement and they offer Dispatcher School reimbursement. Does anyone know the specifics on this and if they lock you into some sort of contract where you have to be employed a couple years or you pay them back for the tuition cost? Thanks in advance!

Link below:

There is kalitta charters which is 135 (K9) and Kalitta charters II which is 121 supp flying 727 and 737 (K2)

Both don't require license on hire but KII will require you to obtain one within 6 months of hire

I was a previous KII employee and my recommendation is to steer clear if you don't live in the yip/dtw area.

I believe they will help with costs for a license but not sure if they require you to stay for a few years. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it

If you have any specific questions or concerns, happy to answer in PMs

There is kalitta charters which is 135 (K9) and Kalitta charters II which is 121 supp flying 727 and 737 (K2)

Both don't require license on hire but KII will require you to obtain one within 6 months of hire

I was a previous KII employee and my recommendation is to steer clear if you don't live in the yip/dtw area.

I believe they will help with costs for a license but not sure if they require you to stay for a few years. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it

I don’t mean to re bump an old thread, but I’m currently in dispatch school and live in the YIP/DTW area; do you mind if I PM you regarding Kalitta?

I don’t mean to re bump an old thread, but I’m currently in dispatch school and live in the YIP/DTW area; do you mind if I PM you regarding Kalitta?
Siding with Yurie on this one, previously a k2 employee as well for a brief period and don’t recommend either.

Back