Kalitta Air K4 January Hire Class

Wilco

Please submit applications if interested. Management looking through applications for a class stat date sometime in January. Class size 3 to 6. South East Michigan, starting pay 60k, moving expense and hotel credit. Prefer A few years of experience. Must be motivated as this is advance heavy international work. Training has been greatly improved over the past few years so you won’t be left behind as long as you have a good work ethic. If you have any questions please private message me! Any current of past K4 alumni please share experience and expectations below!

Please submit applications if interested. Management looking through applications for a class stat date sometime in January. Class size 3 to 6. South East Michigan, starting pay 60k, moving expense and hotel credit. Prefer A few years of experience. Must be motivated as this is advance heavy international work. Training has been greatly improved over the past few years so you won’t be left behind as long as you have a good work ethic. If you have any questions please private message me! Any current of past K4 alumni please share experience and expectations below!
What’s the second and third year pay? Flight benefits?

What’s the second and third year pay? Flight benefits?

They have been fighting for a contract for around 2 years but no real ground breaking wins as of yet..it’s 60k indefinite currently with a top out at 135k with pay bumps yearly once the contract is established. I’m greatful to have worked here for a few months before getting into a major. Paper releases suck but it is what it is and it’s certainly DISPATCHING. You will be in CASS once you are signed off.

I have no dispatch experience but I do live in the area (ypsi). My question is, would it be feasible to get hired as a crew resource coordinator and then move up later on move up internally to dispatch/flight following? Lastly, is there anyway you could give me some insight into what the responsibilities of a crew resource coordinator?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I have no dispatch experience but I do live in the area (ypsi). My question is, would it be feasible to get hired as a crew resource coordinator and then move up later on move up internally to dispatch/flight following? Lastly, is there anyway you could give me some insight into what the responsibilities of a crew resource coordinator?

Crew Resource Coordinators are there to make my life miserable. ;)

I would suggest you read the job description and see if you are interested in that position. All the info is there. But yes we do take internal applicants but just remember from day 1 you are being watched by other departments and personal. Hence its like your being interviewed everyday so make a good impression!

Please submit applications if interested. Management looking through applications for a class stat date sometime in January. Class size 3 to 6. South East Michigan, starting pay 60k, moving expense and hotel credit. Prefer A few years of experience. Must be motivated as this is advance heavy international work. Training has been greatly improved over the past few years so you won’t be left behind as long as you have a good work ethic. If you have any questions please private share experience and expectations below!
What interline agreements does
How long is the training? 3-6 months?
Is it true, no jumpseat privileges until sign off?
What interline jumpseat agreements does K4 have for Dx’s?
Do K4 aircrafts have cockpit doors?
Thanks.

Thanks.
1) Ground school is 2-3 weeks. OJT is anywhere from 2-3 months or more depending on how comfortable you are working the desk. Remember that these are international wide bodies and Kalitta flies them over every continent (except Antarctica), so it's a lot to process especially if you're coming from a few years dispatching 30-40 min hops at a regional. As has been said before though, the training has improved dramatically over the last year.
2) Yes, you don't get jumpseat privileges until sign-off and finger printing, but it does incentivize you to get signed-off faster!
3) They have agreements with most major airlines and regionals. There's a full list somewhere and an unofficial Jumpseat Guide PDF once you get signed off, but I've never had a problem jumpseating with any carrier that didn't involve an ornery gate agent.
4) Yes? I'll be honest, I've never been in one of their planes besides the 747 cockpit sim (which is awesome), so I can't answer that with certainty, but I would assume so. Ironically, jumpseat privileges don't require FAM rides on each plane type you dispatch (Kalitta is still Supplemental, and thus legally Flight Followers, not Dispatchers), so I can't comment on what any of the flight decks look like. However, I've heard rumors that FAM flights will be written into the union contract at some point. Whether that will be this union contract or not remains to be seen.
5) You're welcome.

What interline agreements does

Thanks.
Their aircraft (plural for aircraft is aircraft, sorry just my pet peeve) do NOT have cockpit doors. For what it's worth... Riding with them was one of the most accommodating I've experienced. Can't help with the rest.

Their aircraft (plural for aircraft is aircraft, sorry just my pet peeve) do NOT have cockpit doors. For what it's worth... Riding with them was one of the most accommodating I've experienced. Can't help with the rest.
Sometimes having cockpit doors (on cargo planes) makes it easier to get interline agreements with international airlines ie Air Canada.

1) Ground school is 2-3 weeks. OJT is anywhere from 2-3 months or more depending on how comfortable you are working the desk. Remember that these are international wide bodies and Kalitta flies them over every continent (except Antarctica), so it's a lot to process especially if you're coming from a few years dispatching 30-40 min hops at a regional. As has been said before though, the training has improved dramatically over the last year.
2) Yes, you don't get jumpseat privileges until sign-off and finger printing, but it does incentivize you to get signed-off faster!
3) They have agreements with most major airlines and regionals. There's a full list somewhere and an unofficial Jumpseat Guide PDF once you get signed off, but I've never had a problem jumpseating with any carrier that didn't involve an ornery gate agent.
4) Yes? I'll be honest, I've never been in one of their planes besides the 747 cockpit sim (which is awesome), so I can't answer that with certainty, but I would assume so. Ironically, jumpseat privileges don't require FAM rides on each plane type you dispatch (Kalitta is still Supplemental, and thus legally Flight Followers, not Dispatchers), so I can't comment on what any of the flight decks look like. However, I've heard rumors that FAM flights will be written into the union contract at some point. Whether that will be this union contract or not remains to be seen.
5) You're welcome.
We do not have cockpit doors on any of our planes. Other than that, I don’t have anything to add.

Until union contract is signed, expert further openings. We have had our pay frozen the past few years during negotiations. Things look promising for an agreement soon fingers crossed with all proposals turned into the company for review. This will include a competitive salary and finally OT instead of straight pay. We unfortunately lost two good dispatchers due to the Covid mandate and multiple dispatchers to Delta,American,United, Delta and southwest the past 6 months. There is talk of the company wanting to go to Flag soon as well so all positive signals for the company to want to make a deal with us soon. It would be nice to be able to keep some of the great dispatchers we have instead to loose them in a few short years to a better paying airline.

Update for those looking to come to K4 in the future, union contract signed, only benefits the contract gave was a payscale $60,006 Y1, 66k Y2, 69k Y2, 73k Y3 and more thereon, Guarantee for 4 on 4 off schedule. NO 1.5x for OT, NO extra pay for being ETOPS qualified, and forced OT @ Straight Pay to cover sick calls if they are 24 hours in advance.

Is this a late April fools joke?
Sadly not, and the company wonders why their DX/FF team is constantly leaving for other airlines. This negotiation really showed how they value their team by not providing a lot of things that are industry standard. I will add that Dept Management has said they will not be using the Mandatory OT but it is still written in the contract.

Back