Just heard this about Delta on the news...........

falconcaller

Doug and anyone else who has news about Delta, I heard an item on the financial part of a local news broadcast on CBS San Diego affiliate KFMB- it was that Delta is investing millions of dollars in some sort of new technology for increasing productivity, they didn't say what it was. Has anyone heard any more on this?

Welcome to corporate America.

It's probably some new "Hey, lets go team!" posters for the pilot and flight attendant lounges that are going to garner a team effort!

And yes, more bonuses.

I'd be willing to bet that this (RampSnake) is what they were talking about. Delta is currently "evaluating" this piece of equipment because it is "safer" and "reduces injuries" compared to the loaders being used now. The fact that they can cut rampers from three per aircraft down to two surely doesn't have anything to do with it, now does it?

[ QUOTE ]
They'd probably be better off using that "ramp snake" to haul the management out the door.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a sight
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They'd probably be better off using that "ramp snake" to haul the management out the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but management would still collect some huge severance packages. The guy from Tyco, for example, even though he's being indicted for a bunch of felonies, didn't violate the morals clause of his contract! And mere incompetence doesn't get your severance taken away, either.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what they want though... cuz then they no longer have to work AND they get the money without any hassles!!

I'm thinking now that they KNOW they have the money hook, line and sinker - all the employees should just make them work twice as hard to earn the dough....

how to make that happen? dunno yet! but by getting rid of the management after the fact only means that they did their job correctly and got the deal they wanted in the first place...no work and loads of cash to line their pockets!

think of Don Carty - think he's sad that he lost his job? nah... i bet he's living the life down in the carribean or something!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to corporate America.

It's probably some new "Hey, lets go team!" posters for the pilot and flight attendant lounges that are going to garner a team effort!

And yes, more bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ] Then, as I can see all of you can see, that the bonuses must be for management because something was also mentioned about possible wage concessions- something which we all have heard so much about already anyway. That's what makes it so tragic that there's no way to come up with some sort of accountability in terms of the productivity of CEOs and other upper management types...........
confused.gif

Perhaps we can get the evil CEO's and poor mngt. to be the "Ramp Snake" and have them toss luggage at handlers wages? That'll teach 'em!
smirk.gif

From a productivity and cost effective standpoint, the Ramp Snake might be a good option. BUT, I fully realize the human implications of that and don't want to get into a machine taking away a persons job talk.

Here in ATL we had to rampsnake over on Concourse A. From what I heard from people over there it broke down 2 times during flights while people were there observing it. Also was told Delta wasnt going to purchase it due to reliablity. Last time we heard that we got the the MD-11. So I figure in the near future you will see it here in ATL at every gate. The other cost cutting things have been in effect for a while but who knows when we will see results.

Back