Just a Friendly Reminder

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Keep a look out for traffic in the traffic pattern. Doesn't matter where you are people will still be morons.

Had a moron today at AKR flying the opposite direction of traffic at traffic pattern altitude. He wasn't even flying the pattern he was just flying through it to get past the airport, not talking to anyone on the radio. I was within 100ft (I believe it was much closer) of the other aircraft. If my student and I had flown a closer pattern we would have been toast.

AKR is an uncontrolled airport. Left traffic pattern at all times.

Unfortunately I didn't look for his tail number but I can tell you it was a Cherokee-140 that was white with blue stripes heading toward the back.

If you go to airliners.net and look up Piper Cherokee series in Ohio, there's a few on there that might refresh your memory

I don't know what it is, but AKR just seems to draw it's share of utter morons. Definitely keep an eye out for traffic crossing 7-25 on taxiway B now that Williams is starting to get busy. Be on your toes at that airport for sure.

We flew into LPR - Lorain, OH - a few weeks ago. Talk about a CF. I hate mixing jet airplanes in with light sport aircraft, but that's part of the game. On the bright side - at least they had transponders.

Maybe its those new CFI's on the south side of the field! :panic: Listening the XM in the pattern is also not a good thing ;)

Were you in the G1000 DA40? Did they show up on the traffic?

You could also contact CAK if you know the time and see if they had him in flight following or IFR (a reason why they might not of been talking on freq).

ALSO, check your PM Brett!

Re: Castle

pretty common these days

i was at LNA (lantana) and this 152 got pretty close to hitting me... when I talked to her on the radio, she wouldn't respond...

it was that school that got closed (kemper)

scary stuff

You were there too? Did you give me a ride to Detroit the other night?
I do remember giving someone a ride to DTW recently but I'm not sure. We need some kind of JC code from now on so we'd know...or perhaps a JC pin. :)

I had one yesterday:

Uncontrolled field, I started making my calls about 25 miles out, to the SE. More or less 90deg crosswind at like 4kts, so I asked unicom if there was a 'calm wind runway' and was told rwy 17, so I planned on a 45deg entry to left downwind. Next thing, guy on the ground calls to say he's taxi-ing to 35, so I ask his intentions and he says he's gonna stay in the pattern, no biggie - I decide to make an upwind well to the east of the runway and then follow behind the skyhawk on crosswind for left traffic to 35. Next thing another dude calls six miles out straight in to 35. A minute later I'm about to turn base, the C172 ahead has just turned final so I call the dude on extended final to find out where he is so I can decide if I want to turn base before or after him, and he responds that he's on a half mile short final. Then spot him way, way low beneath the cessna ahead of me, who was forced to go around.

Man the KMER folks can tell tons of stories about stuff like that! Anyone ever saw a 737 call on final from 3 miles out to short final only to see a 152 take the runway, forcing it to go around? Priceless. :)

Maybe its those new CFI's on the south side of the field! :panic: Listening the XM in the pattern is also not a good thing ;)

Were you in the G1000 DA40? Did they show up on the traffic?

You could also contact CAK if you know the time and see if they had him in flight following or IFR (a reason why they might not of been talking on freq).

ALSO, check your PM Brett!

IT could have been one of those new CFI's , but I didn't recognize the plane.

Nah I was in a Cherokee myself at the time. Only a GNC 300XL in the aircraft. Otherwise I would have had the nice lady tell me about the traffic in the DA40 :D

It is a little late now to contact CAK as I don't remember the time it occurred, but I am staying much more vigilant in our traffic pattern than I ever have been. I thought the Kent State traffic on the upwind side of the airport was bad enough.

pretty common these days

i was at LNA (lantana) and this 152 got pretty close to hitting me... when I talked to her on the radio, she wouldn't respond...

it was that school that got closed (kemper)

scary stuff

Women in aviation! Aye....

:sarcasm:

Back