June Photos

IPad (10)

Here are a few photos from June. We have been flying a lot and finally to some cool places!

My favorite new ride, it just came out of a 6 month refurb, this was before it's first flight.
swiftex.jpg

Panel
swiftpanel.jpg

Cuba
overcooba.jpg

10panelcoba.jpg

Approaching Montego Bay, Jamaica
jamaicaaa.jpg

On the ground
pocketrocket.jpg

Hotel room view, got to spend 4 days here!
roomview.jpg

Storms over Cuba on the way home
600hljet.jpg

Sunset over Cuba
climbinovercuba.jpg

Sunset over the Bahamas
sunsetovercuba.jpg

Over the Atlantic on the way to ILM
600holtellma.jpg

Climbing out of Cape Cod in a Meridian
104bhotel.jpg

With JC member Matteo flying...I took my tie off and ended up looking like a chef.
irainianchef.jpg

That's all,

Alex.

Nice shots!

Question- to overfly Cuba- is that hard to arrange? I understand there are a lot of special requirements, etc?

the biggest special requirement is an ability to pay. they are easy to get, i've had a handler get one same day.

Aha. I've heard that life rafts, etc, are contraban there. So I'm guessing one doesn't ever want to have a forced landing/precautionary there if you're doing an overwater op.

Does that affect considerations?

310, 320 and mach .70. Climb that puppy and go .80

And for goodness sake, if you're going to flub up your epaulets, at least unbutton the top collar when you take your tie off. We have so much to teach you.

I know it sucked...there was a Hawker infront of us :)

Alex

Musta been an old one.

We'd have been going .78 at 310. Plus, the passengers don't mind taking longer to get there, since they can get up and walk around.

OOOOOOhhhhhhh

Question- to overfly Cuba- is that hard to arrange? I understand there are a lot of special requirements, etc?

I don't think it is something you want to do by yourself. I just called a handler and they took care of everything. All they needed was a passenger list and a time of departure. The permit is good for a full day now so no slot times to worry about.

Musta been an old one.

We'd have been going .78 at 310. Plus, the passengers don't mind taking longer to get there, since they can get up and walk around.

OOOOOOhhhhhhh

You win :eek:

Alex.

Now that Kestrel sleeps with the fishes I nominate CK as the new "JC Punk" until he gives a pirep about his thoughts on flying the Swift.

Now that Kestrel sleeps with the fishes I nominate CK as the new "JC Punk" until he gives a pirep about his thoughts on flying the Swift.
He was banned? Geez - take a few days off from JC and anything can happen! Can you give a reader's digest version of it?

He was banned? Geez - take a few days off from JC and anything can happen! Can you give a reader's digest version of it?
You can still find him in the JC chats, threatening to tatoo "thug life" across the chest of people's moms.

I am totally jealous man. Especially about the swift, that is the number 1 GA plane on my list of stuff I want to fly one day.

Back