Jumpseating

Jakes787

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me insight into jumpseating, I mean in 5-10 years would the ability for dispatchers to Jumpseat go away as it did with the A&Ps? Or wis it pretty much here to stay as it’s required by the FAR’s?

Thanks

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me insight into jumpseating, I mean in 5-10 years would the ability for dispatchers to Jumpseat go away as it did with the A&Ps? Or wis it pretty much here to stay as it’s required by the FAR’s?

Thanks
Here to stay

Extremely unlikely to go away. Dispatchers are in CASS, it’s in the FAR’s, and if there is one thing I have noticed about the FAA in my 25+ years of dispatching, it’s that they are very opposed to fast change. If it ever were proposed, there would be tons of advanced warning...and I don’t really see it being proposed to be honest. It is beneficial to our jobs, and the number of working dispatchers at part 121 airlines isn’t large enough that it adds any sort of “strain” to the system.

Extremely unlikely to go away. Dispatchers are in CASS, it’s in the FAR’s, and if there is one thing I have noticed about the FAA in my 25+ years of dispatching, it’s that they are very opposed to fast change. If it ever were proposed, there would be tons of advanced warning...and I don’t really see it being proposed to be honest. It is beneficial to our jobs, and the number of working dispatchers at part 121 airlines isn’t large enough that it adds any sort of “strain” to the system.
Ok makes sense, thank you

Back