July 17 OKC

bushidomatt

Anyone else scheduled for July 17 down in OKC. I haven't seen or heard anyone else mention it and want to make sure I didn't get some bad info

Would also be nice to figure out where everyone is staying and get some contact info. I am currently on a few waiting lists since its such short notice. Sorry not looking for a roommate, wouldn't want to put anyone through that :D

At the 19 June LA PEPC I was tentatively scheduled for OKC on 17 July. But I don't see how HR can get all the paperwork/security completed by then. I haven't checked into apartments, etc, yet since I'm tentatively scheduled.

I was at the June 18th PEPC and got July 17. I am already on 2 waiting lists for apartments because I don't want to be stuck if I go without a place and end up in a hotel. Always easier to cancel reservation if my date is pushed back than scramble last minute.

My TOL was for 30JUL but was called by HR in OKC on 20JUN to see if I could move up to an earlier date. I was pretty sure the guy told me 14JUL though and not 18JUL. I could be wrong. I think this is a new class date because when I was at the Chicago PEPC the told me they begin 2 classes/ month. One at the beginning and one at the end. I figured they weren't starting a one beginning of July due to the holiday.

Anyway, I was initially offered to begin in the class 2 weeks after my PEPC date. I had to turn it down to give me time to arrange everything for OKC and with current employer. The lady told me that the next available class with openings was not until 30JUL. So I think this may be a new class they decided on and might be having trouble filling it. Pure speculation however.

i had my pepc on the 19th and said i could do the 17th but the lady said it was pretty full. if i dont get into that one then i will likely get into the next one

At the 19 June LA PEPC I was tentatively scheduled for OKC on 17 July. But I don't see how HR can get all the paperwork/security completed by then. I haven't checked into apartments, etc, yet since I'm tentatively scheduled.

You would be smart to find out availability now and at least make a reservation. Housing is hard to come by in OKC. You will use all your per diem if you stay in a hotel.

At the LA PEPC I was given a tentative class date of July 14th (EnRoute). I have NOT heard back for a final though.

Back