July 14th OKC EnRoute

Vortmax

Just finalized July 14th for OKC-Anyone else? Still don't have a place to stay yet, driving out from Utah, headed to ZLC.

I'll be there for the July 14 training also. I've booked a small Studio Apt at Walnut Gardens, they seem to be the most reasonable.

Dave
Tentative Offer 03/07
Final Offer 05/07
OKC Start Date 07/14/2008

Rene called me yesterday to move me to 14JUL from 30JUL. I believe this is final. She said she was going to send me an email confirming. I am curious if she told you all the same thing and if you have received an email yet? I have not yet gotten an email confirmation.

Rene called me yesterday to move me to 14JUL from 30JUL. I believe this is final. She said she was going to send me an email confirming. I am curious if she told you all the same thing and if you have received an email yet? I have not yet gotten an email confirmation.

I called her this morning to see where I was at per the July 14th class and was told the exact same thing-an email today, physical letter next week, and then packet from Academy after that. Good stuff! Still undecided on housing, if anyone knows of anything-let me know! I get laughed at when I call all the FAA housing people and ask if there is availability.

Vortmax,

I'm also slated for ZLC. My academy date is August 19th. Maybe I'll see you down there.

I got a call on June 20 from a guy named Paul i'd never spoken with asking if July 14th sounded good. I said sure, and recieved my FOL from Rene via email on June 25. I still feel like i should be getting a package about/from the academy.

I've received nothing via USPS from the FAA, only email & phone correspondance. I'm very interested why there have been 2 people moved to the July 30th class. Is the July 14 class cancelled? I sent an email to my hiring rep, and am awaiting a response, but any help from the board would be great!

I'm going to ZJX, and have not been dealing with Rene. Anyone else on the board attending the July 14th class from the Southern Region?

Dave

I got my final offer today. FINALLY! The July 14th and the July 30th class are still a go. This is how somebody in HR in OKC explained it to me.........

Each facility has only a certain number of slots it can hold for each class. I am not sure how large the classes are but this is how I understand it. All the the numbers I use are fictitious;

Say the July 30th class has 30 spots open.

ZDV owns 5 of those slots for their new hires.
ZKC owns 5 of those slots for their new hires.
ZAU owns 5 of those slots for their new hires.

ETC, etc, etc until it adds up to 30 slots.

If ZDV has already received clearances on their 5 new hires, they are offered the July 30th class. If those 5 new hires accept that class date, no more ZDV new hires can go into that class. Only the remaining facilities that have reserve slots can go into that class. If a certain facility does not fill all 5 of their slots, say ZKC only uses 3 of their 5 reserve slots for the July 30th class, that leaves 2 slots remaining. With the left over slots, the over flow from ZDV can fill those slots on a first come first served basis depending how HR in OKC contacts people. So if there are 2 slots remaining and there are 3 new hires for ZDV, then 2 of those 3 new hires can fill those 2 remaining slots that were reserved for ZKC. I hope this make sense, but this is how it was explained to me.

Anyone else for July 14th???? I wish I was going to be able to stay in FAA housing, but that's not gonna happen. Found a guy with a huge house who rents out a room or two to FAA guys. Nice place with all the hook-ups' for half the price of the cheap FAA rooms.

Anyone else for July 14th???? I wish I was going to be able to stay in FAA housing, but that's not gonna happen. Found a guy with a huge house who rents out a room or two to FAA guys. Nice place with all the hook-ups' for half the price of the cheap FAA rooms.

Craigslist? i'm curious if anyone has used that site... it has alot of "faa students welcome" and most seem to be gay guys, not sure what's up with that. Also curious to see if you have problems getting your full per diem-- let us know.

Craigslist? i'm curious if anyone has used that site... it has alot of "faa students welcome" and most seem to be gay guys, not sure what's up with that. Also curious to see if you have problems getting your full per diem-- let us know.

I found it on Craigslist. Along with a dozen single moms wanting to rent to me-I have a wife and kids staying home so that won't fly. The guy I am renting from has rented to 5 previous students, all who gladly refer him. He is a divorced guy with a 4500 square foot house and he's there all alone except his little girl on weekends. I'll have private furnished bedroom with private bathroom, wireless internet, TV in room with cable (hi-def for football-sweet)and access to the laundry room, kitchen, living area. He has some sort of commercial business and is able to do receipts for full per diem. Hope it all works out well!

Hey July 14'ers, has anyone gotten the packet from the Academy? I'm wondering what time to arrive on Monday morning, or any other pertinent information that is contained in the packet. I have yet to receive it. Everyones plans going well?

Hey July 14'ers, has anyone gotten the packet from the Academy? I'm wondering what time to arrive on Monday morning, or any other pertinent information that is contained in the packet. I have yet to receive it. Everyones plans going well?

I received mine last week. There were some extra forms that you'll need, so it probably wouldn't hurt to send a quick email to your hiring rep.

They say to arrive on Monday no later than 630 in order to get through security.

There is alot of specific info on here that you'll need. Do you have access to a fax machine?

Dave

I received mine last week. There were some extra forms that you'll need, so it probably wouldn't hurt to send a quick email to your hiring rep.

They say to arrive on Monday no later than 630 in order to get through security.

There is alot of specific info on here that you'll need. Do you have access to a fax machine?

Dave

Thanks-I do have a fax machine. I don't know who to call, I've been working with Rene Dosela but she is gone for the PEPC this week. I just faxed the forms that were attached to the final offer letter last night. Hopefully this all works out, I'm sure I can wrap it up in OKC if needed but I'd love to get the official packet.

Back