JSX posting

Found a posting at JSX, any onsite on this?
Part 135 but seems to be less charters and more of a scheduled operation?

It’s right on the edge of a 135 and 121. Operates like a 121 though. They’re currently being sued by mainly AA/SWA/ALPA so their future is unknown. Do with that what you will

What charges are the plaintiff's bringing against JSX?
My apologies. JSX has lawsuits out for discrimination with airports banning them from operating there. The issues between them and the other 121 carriers are mainly an attempt to regulate them out of business. Poor choice of words on my part got the two confused. The argument are mainly safety related issues. AA and ALPA state since they operate out of an fbo they are not held to the same standard of security as scheduled 121 airlines and operate the same. And their pilots are not restricted to the 121 retirement age or the same flight time requirements. Mainly became an issue after skywest wanted to start a similar scheduled 135. News Room - ALPA

Once I observed TSA treating all pax on a 37 seat plane as pre-check regardless of the pax being in pre-check or not. This was for a 121 scheduled operation out of a pax terminal.

Once I observed TSA treating all pax on a 37 seat plane as pre-check regardless of the pax being in pre-check or not. This was for a 121 scheduled operation out of a pax terminal.
Point is if that is a legit TSA thing, then it would make a harder time proving JSX is not as safe (security wise) boarding from FBO's or private terminals.

They better not ruin JSX. It’s years ahead of the typical 121 pax experience. Show up at the FBO 20 min before departure and board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They better not ruin JSX. It’s years ahead of the typical 121 pax experience. Show up at the FBO 20 min before departure and board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agreed. If anyone here lives close to an airport they operate out of, I highly recommend trying them if they’re a part of your shops ZED agreement. The level of customer service and convenience they offer outpaces even Daddy Delta. Which, in my opinion, is why so many other airlines feel “threatened” by it and have their unions in a fuss.

That being said, their Dispatcher role is usually listed under “mission planner” or something to that effect. Pay (when I was looking into it) was something in the low 20’s. I remember applying and then getting a phone call to schedule an interview within 90 minutes of submitting my app, which was a red flag to me personally. Idk why.

Back