John Mccain's ride

Why am I not surprised that Palin is chartering an airplane from one of the very few non-union airlines in the country? Obama has chartered his planes from Netjets, Midwest, and now North American, all union companies. Worthy of note.

Just an FYI. Palin does not ride the E190. She's on the 737 with John and Cindy. The press ride the E190.

*When they're appearing together. When they go their separate ways she takes the 190.

Ah, the 737. Another example of McCain using non-union air transportation. You really have to try hard to find this much non-union labor in the airline business. Leave it to McSame. :rolleyes:

Only the test aircraft are foreign built and have been modified by Lockheed. The aircraft that will go into service will be built in the U.S. As of now he's only flying in Boeing and Sikorsky products.

That new Marine 1 is as American as the Airbus KC-45 (A330) and the UH72 Lakota (EC145). Please....:rolleyes:

i saw the e190 in tus last week when i was departing 21. i thought it was strange to see jetblue back in tus. o how i miss them so.

Took this one in Long Beach

Attachments

• McCain.jpg
    McCain.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 131
Y'all don't worry.

Once Obama is in the White House the airlines will rebound big time, and you will all be making well into the six figures again while working a week out of the month.

That being said, what makes any of you think that Palin chose the aircraft?

Are any of you deluded enough to think that she actually went out, chose it and chartered the thing. Not to mention having to pay for it herself?

Maybe it was determined that a smaller, less expensive aircraft was all she / the press needed, and Boeing doesn't make such.

Then again, Boeing isn't buidling anything these days due to a union strike.

This thread almost sounds like I am watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC.

I always turn to him for some good laughs! This thread has been pretty good for that too.

Jet Blue pilots fly the 190... My buddy is the F/O on the airplane and he is actually a junior guy over there...

That being said, what makes any of you think that Palin chose the aircraft?

Are any of you deluded enough to think that she actually went out, chose it and chartered the thing. Not to mention having to pay for it herself?

I think we all know the lipstick pig hockey Mom didn't pick it however you're delusional if you think careful consideration wasn't made by the campain group in chosing the operator.

I'm with PCL on this one... it's subtle, but it speaks volumes.

Obama has chartered his planes from NetJets, Midwest, and now North American, all union companies.
No one, including Obama, charters from NetJets. We do not offer public charters. If he happened to ride on us, it would have been as a guest of an "owner."

I doubt very seriously that either of the candidates are aware of the association of its pilot force.
Palin's campaign advisors probably narrowed it down to a few choices, then saw that one had an entertainment system onboard. Or just maybe, JBL just made the best offer. Not even in office and the conspiracy theorists have begun.

I doubt very seriously that either of the candidates are aware of the association of its pilot force.

I can assure you that the Obama campaign is. ALPA makes sure of that. Did you happen to watch the DNC Convention and see all of the delegates wearing ALPA lanyards? There were quite a few. This is thanks to the UAL MEC hosting a hospitality suite at the convention and meeting with a slew of DNC leaders. Prater frequently meets with DNC insiders. If you watch CNBC or MSNBC, they frequently show a piece of stock footage that shows Obama meeting with Prater and other AFL-CIO leaders. McCain? Not so much.

I do remember reading an article a few months ago before McCain switched to his 737 that he was going to miss his JetBlue charter, especially the Live TV's so he could keep up-to-date with what was going on... Maybe that's why he recommended and got it for Palin (or for his staff and media following him).

Saw the "straight talk express" up in Cleveland a few weeks ago. I wondered what it was doing there when McCain was supposed to be in MSP.

-mini

Back