Jobs in Idaho

Piperflyer

Ive Been considering leaving Comair and going to school full-time in Rexburg ID. The only thing about this is that I cant think of anything aviation around there. I flew in to Rexbug several years ago and didnt see any flight schools or anything. And Im not sure about Idaho Falls either. It would be a shame to leave for school and not fly anymore.
Does anyone know of any jobs for a 1500 hour 900 ME 700 Turbine CFI/CFII/MEI?

Why on earth would anyone move to Rexburg? ugh.

Ameriflight flies into rexburg, but its SLC based.

There is a guy there that owns old warbirds/museum. I think he has a CFI or two but im sure that place is slow as hell.

Not sure about falls but probably does. Its bigger.

good luck!

I am originally from Idaho, and I used to do some instructing and charter flying in Idaho. I can tell you right now, there is not a whole lot of flying out in the eastern part of the state (Rexburg, Idaho Falls, etc.). I used to work for a company out of Pocatello, I think they still own a flight school in IDA. Even Boise is a though market for flying, and you really have to know people to get your foot in the corporate flying game out there.

You might want to look into some other schools or online classes. I know Comair is a craphole right now, and it won't get any better either, and trust me you are not the only one that wants to leave this place. But it is a job for now that pays the bills. Good Luck!

Ive Been considering leaving Comair and going to school full-time in Rexburg ID. The only thing about this is that I cant think of anything aviation around there. I flew in to Rexbug several years ago and didnt see any flight schools or anything. And Im not sure about Idaho Falls either. It would be a shame to leave for school and not fly anymore.
Does anyone know of any jobs for a 1500 hour 900 ME 700 Turbine CFI/CFII/MEI?

You mean Sexburg, ID.

There is nothing there and nothing really in Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Twin Falls, Boise, or Idaho period.

You mean Sexburg, ID.

There is nothing there and nothing really in Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Twin Falls, Boise, or Idaho period.

Whatever. I could think of a thousand places worse than Idaho! I live in KY right now, this state blows!

You mean Sexburg, ID.

yea, take it easy on her man.

North Idaho is where it's at man :)

North Idaho is where it's at all right! I would give my eye teeth to be back in the mountains instead of this spit of sand they call Flo ri da...

Lol guys. :)
There really is not much going on there... I stopped by the IDA airport today and there is only one small flight school with 3 rental Cessnas. I guess just flying them around to stay current as a CFI and not have to pay for it would be all I need in school. But for sure I am leaving OH and going to finish school while I still can... at a place that I really like.

Lol guys. :)
There really is not much going on there... I stopped by the IDA airport today and there is only one small flight school with 3 rental Cessnas. I guess just flying them around to stay current as a CFI and not have to pay for it would be all I need in school. But for sure I am leaving OH and going to finish school while I still can... at a place that I really like.

I think one of the CFI's might be leaving soon from that school. There also might be some other things happening in IDA before too long. PM me if you do move out here, maybe something will come up.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...c3665ed03b42f1b21f71694662b608-273872497-x6-6

Job Snapshot
Boise ID 83702 ( map it! Map it )
Base Pay:
$59,259 - $74,068 /Year
Employee Type:
Full-Time Employee
Industry:
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Manages Others:
No
Job Type:
Skilled Labor - Trades
Education:
High School
Experience:
Not Specified
Travel:
Not Specified
Relocation Covered:
No
Posted:
8/19/2008
Contact Information
n/a
Phone:
n/a
Ref ID:
Not Available
Description

JOB SUMMARY

The Corporate Pilot serves as co-captain (when qualified) of Idaho Power Company (IPC)-owned jet aircraft (Cessna Citation II). In absence of the Chief Pilot, the Corporate Pilot acts in the capacity of pilot-in-command with a contract co-pilot.

EXAMPLES OF DUTIES

The following is a representative list—other duties may be required.

• Assists the captain/pilot-in-command of the aircraft in the performance of duty requirements.

• Performs secondary jobs that may be assigned within the department whenever not engaged in a flight operation.

• Submits an accurate record of all expenses and advances for items away from home base.

• Participates in pilot instrument practice and training and annual, recurrent training covering flight proficiency, instrument proficiency, systems knowledge, and emergency procedures at an appropriate facility.

• Monitors all pre-flight inspections, flight planning, weather research, logistics, catering arrangements, and ground transportation.

• Maintains and monitors maintenance records, engine oil levels, oil consumption, and all safety inspections.

• Confers regularly with maintenance personnel.

• Maintains cleanliness of plane, including periodic exterior waxing, polishing, and carpet cleaning. Replenishes interior supplies.

• Performs in-house accounting, including preparation and submission of monthly flight summaries, using computer programs and internal data processing systems.

• Assists in budget preparation and review.
Requirements

BASIC REQUIREMENTS

Education........................... High school diploma or the equivalent.
High school diploma or the equivalent.

Experience......................... Total flight time (3,000 hours); total pilot-in-command time (2,000 hours); total multi-engine pilot-in-command time (1,000 hours); instrument time (200 hours); and no Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) violation convictions.
Total flight time (3,000 hours); total pilot-in-command time (2,000 hours); total multi-engine pilot-in-command time (1,000 hours); instrument time (200 hours); and no Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) violation convictions.

Licenses/Certifications..... Commercial/Instrument–Airplane Multi-Engine Land; current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first- or second-class medical examination certificate.
Commercial/Instrument–Airplane Multi-Engine Land; current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first- or second-class medical examination certificate.

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS

Knowledge......................... FAR and Instrument Flight Rules.
FAR and Instrument Flight Rules.

Skills................................... Basic personal computer (PC) operation.
Basic personal computer (PC) operation.

Abilities.............................. Must be proficient with non-precision instrument approaches to include non-directional beacon (NDB) and very high frequency (VHF) omnidirectional range (VOR); must be comfortable with occasional flights to short airstrips located in mountainous terrain; adhere strictly to all safe operating procedures; use good judgment in interpersonal business associations; work compatibly with chief pilot and contract pilots; forego outside
Must be proficient with non-precision instrument approaches to include non-directional beacon (NDB) and very high frequency (VHF) omnidirectional range (VOR); must be comfortable with occasional flights to short airstrips located in mountainous terrain; adhere strictly to all safe operating procedures; use good judgment in interpersonal business associations; work compatibly with chief pilot and contract pilots; forego outside

interests or work that would interfere with availability for flight assignments; maintain (by study and practice) a high degree of aeronautical skill and knowledge; and take over full control of the aircraft while airborne.

Competencies.................... Communication; decision making; stress tolerance; initiating action; customer focus; adaptability; work standards; continuous learning; gaining commitment.
Communication; decision making; stress tolerance; initiating action; customer focus; adaptability; work standards; continuous learning; gaining commitment.

Licenses/Certifications..... Valid U.S. Passport or the ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire. Ability to upgrade to an airline transport pilot (ATP) license within 180 days of hire. Ability to acquire (at company expense) CE-500 type rating within 180 days of hire.
Valid U.S. Passport or the ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire. Ability to upgrade to an airline transport pilot (ATP) license within 180 days of hire. Ability to acquire (at company expense) CE-500 type rating within 180 days of hire.

Physical Ability.................. Occasionally bend, stoop, squat, and crouch, ascend/descend stairs, twist, kneel, balance, and reach; occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs, rarely up to 75 lbs; occasionally reach out and overhead to load cargo onto and into plane; sit for prolonged periods of time; occasionally carry items weighing up to 50 lbs and, rarely, up to 75 lbs with one or both hands. Must undergo an annual physical examination by an FAA medical examiner and maintain a current second-class medical examination certificate administered by an FAA examiner. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat of harm to self, others, or property. Job placement is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment, post-offer Functional Capacity Assessment (FCA).

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Occasionally bend, stoop, squat, and crouch, ascend/descend stairs, twist, kneel, balance, and reach; occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs, rarely up to 75 lbs; occasionally reach out and overhead to load cargo onto and into plane; sit for prolonged periods of time; occasionally carry items weighing up to 50 lbs and, rarely, up to 75 lbs with one or both hands. Must undergo an annual physical examination by an FAA medical examiner and maintain a current second-class medical examination certificate administered by an FAA examiner. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat of harm to self, others, or property.

The successful candidate must be able to work any day of the week, stand on-call in case of emergency, and occasionally travel overnight. If a pilot accepts duties other than his/her primary aviation-related work, it will be clearly understood that these responsibilities must, in no way, interfere with maintaining his/her competency or availability as a professional pilot. He/she must possess proper certifications and authorizations prior to assignment as captain/pilot-in-command of a flight. Basic pilot requirements and flying experience standards for this position are the same as chief pilot.

PREFERRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE

Lack of any qualification listed may not exclude an individual from consideration.

Education........................... Associate’s or Bachelor of Science degree in aviation, business, management, or a related field preferred.
Associate’s or Bachelor of Science degree in aviation, business, management, or a related field preferred.

Experience......................... Turbine (500 hours).
Turbine (500 hours).

Licenses/Certifications..... Airline Transport Pilot; jet-type rating; CE-500-type rating.
Airline Transport Pilot; jet-type rating; CE-500-type rating.

NOTES FOR THIS POSITION

Include resume with application. An instrument flight skills evaluation will be required prior to hire. A flight records (logbook) screening will be required prior to hire (incomplete, inaccurate, or disorganized flight records will be disqualifying). IPC is not offering assistance with, or payment of, any relocation expenses for this position.

APPLICATION PROCESS

Submit the appropriate form and any additional information (e.g., training records, résumé, etc.) to Human Resources.

External Applicant............ IPC will not provide sponsorship for obtaining an employment visa, such as an H-1B visa. Submit an IPC Employment Application, available at www.idahopower.com.
IPC will not provide sponsorship for obtaining an employment visa, such as an H-1B visa. Submit an IPC , available at www.idahopower.com.

Internal Applicant.............. Submit a Position Consideration Request, available on The Spillway.
Submit a , available on .

Simplot is also looking for a Citation 500 pilot (PIC) in Boise, ID right now.

Minimum Requirements:
Strong computer skills
Airline Transport Pilot, Airplane Multi-engine Land
Current C-500 Type Rating Preferred
3,500 Total Flight Hours
1,000 PIC Flight Hours Multi-engine Airplane
1,000 Flight Hours Turbine Airplane
500 Flight Hours Jet
Previous corporate type flight experience
Previous Flight Instructor experience
2 year college degree

http://www.findapilot.com/Job-Pilot-673-Citation-Pilot.html