Jobs in FL???

TheOneMarine

Looking for something in FL for a guy with 600/100. CFI, soon CFI-I! Anything would be great. Would love to CFI some more though. Central Florida preferred but willing to consider anything. Tried OFT and AIR Orlando, OFT isn't hiring and Air Orlando says I'd have to do my CFI-I with them to get an interview. Too expensive though. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Correct me if I am wrong.... I think tht there are no CFI-II jobs at all in South Florida these days.... It is dry!

I was looking in the central Florida area, but in reality, I'll take whatever, where ever I can get one. I just want to be back to flying. Thanks for anything you find Mike.

I overheard the manager of a flight school in St. Pete talking about how her flight instructors were "dying" right now - there doesn't seem to be anyone training here who isn't Indian or Chinese.

I know this is not the area of Florida you're looking for, but if you are willing to go up to Pensacola, give Pensacola Aviation Center a call. That's where I worked as a CFI. I don't know if they are hiring right now, but it may be worth a call.

Well "dying" as in not having any students to fly - but I imagine that's correlated pretty heavily with income.

lol, yea, I know what you mean. There is just nothing out there. Most schools I talk to say they don't expect anything until at least spring. If there weren't so many pilots on the street, there may have been a shortage down the road.

Back