Jobs during COVID

aspiringadx

I am from India and I was looking forward to take my FAA Flight Dispatcher License, when a lot of my friends told me there are not many job opportunities due to COVID and being a fresher in this field at this time can hurt.
Do you guys think I should wait till the industry gets back or is it a wise choice to do the course during these situations.

As I am an Indian, I was wondering if the FAA license would help me get a job abroad like in USA, Canada or UK later on. I have heard US has strict policies when it comes to employment of non citizens within the aviation industry, UK I am not quite sure but I am hoping to get employed abroad. Do you think it is possible?

Highly doubt any American, Canadian, or British carrier would sponsor anyone with a work visa. Anytime you apply, they ask if you are already have the right to work in that country. Best bet is to get your license and either work where you have work-rights, or apply with a contractor recruiting for an airline (typically though in the Middle East or Asia). I guess you could also fall in love with someone and get a spousal visa - 90-Day Fiance style.

Highly doubt any American, Canadian, or British carrier would sponsor anyone with a work visa. Anytime you apply, they ask if you are already have the right to work in that country. Best bet is to get your license and either work where you have work-rights, or apply with a contractor recruiting for an airline (typically though in the Middle East or Asia). I guess you could also fall in love with someone and get a spousal visa - 90-Day Fiance style.

Only if falling in love was that easy :biggrin:

It never hurts to get the license and go through the coursework. But I think this job market is about to saturated with highly experienced dispatchers, so it will be hard to find an available position. It doesn't look too great for the industry right now, but if it is your dream to be in aviation, get the license and see if you can get your foot in the door through any open position, and hopefully one day you can work your way back into dispatching.
Best of luck!

Back