Job Opening - Sterling Airways - KJAX

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP

Picture1.png

Job Summary
Sterling Airways is currently looking for a qualified Aircraft Dispatcher to fill a position located in Jacksonville, FL (JAX):

The Aircraft Dispatcher position will perform flight planning and flight following functions in compliance with Company manuals, the Operation Specifications and applicable FARs. The person selected for this role must be able to work a varied schedule in a 24/7 environment. This is not a remote position. You must be able to work in the office, in Jacksonville, Florida. No relocation assistance is offered.

Sterling Airways is a startup airline currently going through the FAA Certification process. Sterling Airways’ initial group of leadership includes personnel that have been in the airline industry for a combined 200+ years. Our goal is to become a large and successful regional airline, and we strongly believe that the market is perfect for a new airline to enter the industry.

Responsibilities:

Has joint responsibility with the Captain for the safe dispatch of the airplane.

Monitors, analyzes, calculates flight factors, airplane performance, operating limitations, MEL/CDL/NEF, weather reports, NOTAMS and creates/updates flight plans.

Performs flight planning and flight following duties in accordance with the FAR’s, Operations Specifications, and Company policy.

Maintains Operational Control; operational planning of all movements, initiation, continuation, diversion, termination, and cancellation of all flights planned or conducted.

Creates an environment that encourages teamwork by:

Informing management of unique or difficult situations

Providing on-going assistance to other dispatchers using DRM

Establishing and maintaining working relationship with employees in pertinent areas such as Maintenance, Crew Scheduling Resources and Flight Operations

Completes required dispatch training within the time limits as outlined by the FAR’s

Qualifications:

Required: Current FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate

Preferred: 1 year of Operational Control experience in a 14 CFR Part 121 Domestic/Flag airline

23 years of age or older

High school diploma or GED

A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the movie, “Airplane!”

Be able to fluently read, speak, write, understand, or otherwise dominate the English language

To apply, please submit your resume with your FAA Certificate Number and a cover letter to JOBS (AT) FLYSTERLINGAIRWAYS (DOT) COM

Took a quick spin by their website out of curiosity aaaaaaaaaand I'll just let everyone else know what I saw.

Screenshot_20210329-143709_Chrome.jpg

I get it: we're human, we're imperfect, but come on man. You're starting up a shop in aviation...best make sure you've got the word airport down pat.

Just an initial thought so far.

I get it: we're human, we're imperfect, but come on man. You're starting up a shop in aviation...best make sure you've got the word airport down pat.

Just an initial thought so far.

I remember one startup airline that had the word "hangar" spelled as "hanger" numerous times on their website....they finally started flying after years of delays and ended up shutting down about six months later, I believe.

I just looked at the Sterling website and realized I know their CEO...he was the NOC manager of the first regional airline I worked at. I don't mean to be overly negative, but I'd personally seek employment elsewhere.

Wexford Capital behind them with a core management group that are ex Chautauqua and Republic. Not a bad spot to start a career or maybe resume one.

A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the movie, “Airplane!”

Wonder if they are trying to be hip and cool with that requirement.

I already love how people put “initial group of leadership includes personnel that have been in the airline industry for a combined 200+ years.”.

I also love how they put the years of experience, like that really matters.

Back