JetBlue sets new E190 record...

No it did cross their mind. Everything crosses a campaign managers mind. It is about small perceptions in an 18 month campaign.

They picked North American for a reason.

Of course they did, it was business. They submitted a bid & a company or companies submitted a proposal, the fact that the company was union or non-union was probably not a consideration.

You can't be serious.

I am.

I was a political science major in college. Took a class called 'Campaigns' We had campaign managers/workers come in from all backgrounds including quite a few that worked on various presidential campaigns from Nixon, Carter, Bush, and Clinton come in to speak to us throughout the semester.

They made it quite clear that in Presidential politics they do things that might seem small in detail, but it goes a long way. I would bet $20.00 that in an IBT publication that has been put out since they started using North American, it was mentioned that it was IBT pilots flying the thing. A small blurb like that could go a long way in a union household in Ohio.

Of course we're serious. Republicans would actively seek out non-Union companies to spend their campaign dollars on.

PCL & Velo...I fly for a very small non-union charter operator. I flew a not to be named, democratic senator from the Northeast on quite a few occasions over the summer...

Does that make him anti labor?

I don't know. If you won't name the senator, then we can't really know whether he's anti-labor or not. Not all Democrats are friends of labor, just as not all Republicans are enemies of labor. It's generally true, but not 100% of the time.

Of course we're serious. Republicans would actively seek out non-Union companies to spend their campaign dollars on.

It amazed me that these neo-cons can't see what's right in front of their own eyes.

I don't know. If you won't name the senator, then we can't really know whether he's anti-labor or not. Not all Democrats are friends of labor, just as not all Republicans are enemies of labor. It's generally true, but not 100% of the time.

It amazed me that these neo-cons can't see what's right in front of their own eyes.

Senator Kerry. Clearly anti labor when he had the choice to use Cape Air; a carrier with a pilots union.

Senator Kerry. Clearly anti labor when he had the choice to use Cape Air; a carrier with a pilots union.

Did Cape Air bid for his business? I have no idea. I don't believe that my company has been bidding on campaign charters. Lots of companies don't. It's a valid question for Senator Kerry, but based on his very long record of pro-union, pro-labor positions, I doubt he slighted a union company if they bid on his business.

No bids...This is for personal travel, and he has shown his true colors. He had a choice, and he chose not to support labor. Makes me want to move to mass and vote against him next time he is up for re-election as he is clearly against the working man....:tmyk:

When were these flights? The Cape Air pilots didn't even have a union until a few months ago. Perhaps you should write Senator Kerry's office and ask him about this. I'm sure someone from his staff can get you an answer.

Mike, you're WAY missing the point on this.

The discussion pertained to when accepting bids on transportation services, a campaign normally (ok, almost always) will ensure that the bid also meets the requirements of their campaign platform. Hence *if* Al Gore had run again, he'd be damn careful to make sure any sort of travel he did was reimbursed we green credits or something similar. When a politician travels for personal reasons, they often times just go with what ever works best as they really aren't out to prove anything.

And yes, that makes most of them hypocrites for not practicing what they preach, but does that really surprise you?

Back