Jet University

Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Hmm.... I wouldn't be surprised if this letter earned some hearty guffaws from Pinnacle (mis)management:

I know it made me laugh.

January ______ 2009

Your name
Your address
Your City, Your State, Zip

Mr. Clive Seal, CEO
Pinnacle Airlines, Inc.
1689 Nonconnah Blvd, Suite 111
Memphis, TN 38132

Dear Mr. Seal:

I am/was/ a student at Jet University, Inc in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I am/was enrolled in the bridge program for Pinnacle Airlines.

I originally signed up for training at Jet University based upon the recommendation on your website bridge program section at flypinnacle.com for Jet University. Unfortunately things have not been going well at Jet University and the Better Business Bureau actually gave Jet University an "F" rating this past December. That is the worst rating that the BBB can give a business.

One of the reasons that I signed up for Jet U was because I was very impressed with the following statement on your website:

“Zero Time to Jet First Officer in Only 9 Months! Jet U’s Express Airline Commercial Pilot Training Course, combined with their CRJ Fast Track® First Officer Training Program will launch your career from the incredible advantage of starting as a qualified Regional Jet Pilot once you achieve your Private, Instrument and Commercial Multi-Engine Ratings.”

I spent $70,000 to enroll in Jet University so that I would be able to come and work for Pinnacle Airlines. I did this because I love to fly.

Unfortunately, Jet University has implemented extra charges in addition to the $70,000 that we have already paid. Many students have been forced to drop out of Jet University because they simply do not have additional funds available. We really don’t owe this additional money, but Jet University just keeps adding it to our bill. If we don’t pay the additional money they put us on the no fly list and they keep all of the money we have paid. We then are stuck paying back the $70,000 student loan without a pilot job.

Another reason that I decided on Jet U was because of your “Ethics and Values” principle on your website that states:

“We will operate by the Golden Rule. This applies to our relationships with all constituencies including Employees, Customers, Suppliers, and Stockholders. As a company and as individuals, we highly value integrity and are intolerant of dishonesty, maliciousness, or deceit.”

Would you please look into these problems that the bridge program students are having with Jet University? Maybe you can Jet University to operate by the Golden Rule. There is a website at jetuniversitysucks.com that explains what has been going on.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Your Name

I love the reference to jetuniversitysucks.com at the end... priceless! If the Bridge Program at Jet U doesn't work, there's always Gulfstream, as long as you're willing to pay to work for them, they're hiring!

Meh, I have little faith in the BBB. A good idea, but as long as a company is willing to respond to complaints and self-report a "resolution," their rating tends to be acceptable, as is what's occuring with Jet U's now.

Back