Jet-It furloughs

Feel sorry for these guys. The curse of the Honda jet continues.

Never a good time for a furlough but…. They’ll be picked up swiftly and probably on to better things with engines in the proper places.

And brakes that actually work.
One of the sketchiest things I’ve seen was sitting at DPA watching some sort of HondaJet testing. They’d do a trip around the pattern, head back to the ramp, and a guy would hop out and crawl in front of one of the mains and adjust something. No chocks and both engines running. They did this far too many times. I’m glad they trust their parking brakes…

One of the sketchiest things I’ve seen was sitting at DPA watching some sort of HondaJet testing. They’d do a trip around the pattern, head back to the ramp, and a guy would hop out and crawl in front of one of the mains and adjust something. No chocks and both engines running. They did this far too many times. I’m glad they trust their parking brakes…

and trust the velcro on their pockets

Sad to see. Furloughs are never fun. Luckily the industry is in a hiring boom.
You sure about that, er, "luck"? Booms lead to busts. Just ask, say, the Texas economy. Yet, I suppose in a grabbing hands kind o' world, that sophistry makes sense. The grabbing hands grab all they can. "My ex wife was a 'tard. Now she's a pilot."

Last edited:
While some find it fun to pick on the HondaJet, just remember that Jet-It has the largest fleet of this model, which means they are most vulnerable to any issues with the type. Spirit & Allegiant would be hosed if the A320 series was subject to a safety stand down, and so would American (largest operator of A320s), or SouthWest & Sun Country if the 737 was grounded, but luckily it was designed by the same engineers that built the pyramids - all the bugs have been worked out.

While some find it fun to pick on the HondaJet, just remember that Jet-It has the largest fleet of this model, which means they are most vulnerable to any issues with the type. Spirit & Allegiant would be hosed if the A320 series was subject to a safety stand down, and so would American (largest operator of A320s), or SouthWest & Sun Country if the 737 was grounded, but luckily it was designed by the same engineers that built the pyramids - all the bugs have been worked out.
Word on the street is it had nothing to do with the airframe. At all. They're just using it a a cover for mismanagement of the company.

Reactions: SJB
Word on the street is it had nothing to do with the airframe. At all. They're just using it a a cover for mismanagement of the company.

Did a little digging.
and you are exactly correct.

How the hell do you fail a company like that these days?
It's not like its 2008.

Hadn't heard that, I was thinking about all the runway excursions. Didn't realize there was some "domestic disputes" going on.

Hadn't heard that, I was thinking about all the runway excursions. Didn't realize there was some "domestic disputes" going on.
Indeed. I heard the same thing that Wardogg stated. There was a post floating around the FB with a very stern email an ACP had written to the CEO.

Cliff notes from email: The CEO used this as a cover to shutdown operations and pass blame on to someone else.

Indeed. I heard the same thing that Wardogg stated. There was a post floating around the FB with a very stern email an ACP had written to the CEO.

Cliff notes from email: The CEO used this as a cover to shutdown operations and pass blame on to someone else.

Well, at least the pilots have a relatively good market to send out resumes to.

Back