Jeppesen vs. NACO charts.

I like Jepps, personally, but go with whatever's cheap. I will say I DO NOT MISS DOING REVISIONS! The worst was at Amflight because we had the entire western U.S. and I had to keep them up to date when I was only flying to like the same 10 airports. Even when I went out and sat in the right seat on the line we went to San Diego, North Las Vegas and...well that's it.

Unless you fly out of CVG, then you have to revise the entire United States. It takes hours to do sometime.

that is what JeppView is for :) i don't have paper charts anymore, just print your route and go!

The company has Jeppview also. I highly doubt that they'd want to have it for the 200 or so pilots though. I'm definitely not buying it on my own dime.

As to the charts themselves, uh, they all have the same information.
Yes, but there are some difference in the way the information is presented and some people find the presentation of one "better" for them than the other. For others, it doesn't matter.

To answer the original question, I learned on NACO and ended up finding the Jepp presentation much easier for me to work with.

And, actually, they don't have all the same information. There is regulatory information that the FAA provides and must be there, but the publisher has some leeway on other information. For just one example, a Jepp approach chart shows whether there are radar services for the approach (generally meaning, expect vectors to final). The NACO chart requires you to go to the AFD for the information.

NACO, 100%. We just put a trip kit together for going to Portugal. The NACO (US Portion) cost us maybe $50. The Jepp Trip kit cost us $400. Also, NACO is very easy to work with online if you are a distrubutor. Also, there are some approaches that you can not get a NACO chart for (don't know of any in the US, but there are definitely some for overseas) and from what I was taught, the NACO charts have a stricter approval process for approaches.

The Jepp Briefing strip is much easier to read, IMO. There isn't enough of a difference to justify the difference in price though.

Just to give you a hint..... in Jepps if you don't know what a symbol means, you can go to the front of your brick and look it up. If I have no clue, I have to wait until I'm at work in the airplane and consult a separate brick with the terminology and symbols.

Employee web site
Flight Operations
Virtual V-File
LIDO
Legends & Tables

It's the whole brick. Geez, man. Did you even DO the home training? :)

Employee web site
Flight Operations
Virtual V-File
LIDO
Legends & Tables

It's the whole brick. Geez, man. Did you even DO the home training? :)

There was home training?;)

And besides, I would rather have pages to turn on a physical book when studying.... not have to go through a PDF version.

Back