Javelin Air Services LLC

Sell your soul program? Indentured servitude?

"Ah little Jimmy, now that we paid for your training and you completed your ratings, there's a little matter we need to discuss. See we have this customer in Columbia and he needs some stuff moved to Miami. You'll be flying a C206 with this extra waterbed mattress for your Aux fuel. Here's your ticket down there, meet Carlos......See you on the next episode of Locked Up Abroad" ;)

Javelin Air Services was founded by three senior aviation professionals:

An airline captain and check pilot
An airline captain and former training executive
A former airline CEO with global experience

Yeah, I would steer clear of those three....

Cool, that's the sort of insight I was looking for...I wasn't sure what the catch was. Seemed almost too good to be true...they front up to 50% of your training costs, which you'd pay back when you get a good-paying job.

Thanks!

Seemed almost too good to be true...they front up to 50% of your training costs, which you'd pay back when you get a good-paying job.

LOL, when does that happen as a pilot?

I'm pretty sure they are going to get their money from you regardless of your pay rate, looks like loan sharks with ah shnazzy web site to me.

I had a student contact me this week about Fly Javelin. I did a bit of investigating and found the address on the website to be registered to a temporary business service suite in Delaware. (not a great place to park aircraft and schedule flight crews!) This just does not look good.

The student indicated that Fly Javelin is requiring that the student DEPOSIT their entire half of the tuition ($45,000) with Fly Javelin in advance. Fly Javelin is representing that they will put their contribution with the students money and they will pay the flight school.

This SCREAMS RED FLAGS.

It goes against our recommendations of depositing more than $2500 in advance for any flight training.

So if anyone ever asks you to deposit more than $2500 in advance for any flight training anywhere, run away.

Run far away.

Joe

Their office is a Regus virtual office in Delaware. They do not list the names, bios/background or photos of the three founders on their website in the description of
An airline captain and check pilot
An airline captain and former training executive
A former airline CEO with global experience

They had or have connections with some flight schools that you could attend on your own without their intervention. They advertise on a lot of flight school web sites. (along with other loan entities)

"The Javelin Flight Funds Program is a tuition assistance program that not only helps new pilots go through their training to achieve their ratings as commercial, multiengine and instrument pilots, but also provides a pathway to future employment through the Javelin Contract Pilot Program. As a contract pilot operations company, Javelin Air Services LLC (JAS) seeks to place pilots at work on flying contracts worldwide. Therefore, we offer two programs designed to recruit a team of expert, commercial pilots for our contract pilots program for the long term — the Javelin Flight Funds Program and the Javelin Contract Pilot Program. You CAN afford the dream! "

The CEO lives in Minnesota.

Here is a tip for you....... Look up up Tom Petters in Minnesota and his ponzi scheme where he was "charged with conspiracy, fraud and money-laundering charges would be "about deceit, lies, falsified documents and the illusion of a corporate tycoon" who bilked more than $3.5 billion from investors for himself and the many companies he owned." He was found guilty on 20 counts. Then connect his "friend" who also lives in Minnesota, who defended him. We are known by the company that we keep.

Their Airline Flight Training Counselor/coach lives in Florida and has a consulting business there.

Last edited:
On their website in the "Fly Javelin Program" section, they detail that you need to give them $45k upfront (75% of the Epic Flight Academy training program in Smyrna Beach) then they will fund the other $15k. If you had $45k liquid to begin with, it sounds crazy to me to GIVE a third party all of your cash. If it were me, I would just start flight training on my own, and save up the other $15k myself, or get a loan. Worts case, skip the CFI ratings until you can afford them.

Give them the $45k and prepare to see them RUN with it! When banks give you $$ they only expect you to repay them less than 2% back every month, not "give us 3 times the amount you need, and we will find you a JOB!!" That is a crazy concept. With time/patience, anyone can find a job on their own.

Not to mention, it sounds like they TELL you who you are going to fly contract for. I can just imagine someone saying "there's no way I'm flying for those people, it's unsafe", in which Javelin would comeback at you and say "well since you are breaking the contract, you now owe us the money we loaned you, plus the interest for a year on that loan we gave you, oh and another $3k just because we said so." Sketchyyyyy!

Last edited:
Silver State Helicopters springs to mind, unbidden!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_State_Helicopters

Honestly, whilst I'd like to see these scumbags' heads displayed prominently on pikes, anyone who falls for a deal "too good to be true" in the 21st century probably has it coming.

ASA at Atwater came to mind for me: http://2ndcity.wordpress.com/2008/0...anded-in-usa-due-to-aviation-school-shutdown/
This guy allegedly, "I heard" (clears throat) grabbed $45-$60K up front from almost 200 students. He kept 'em all in ground for months. When he reckoned the grumbling had become just a little teensy bit too loud, he comes in one day and announces "Good News, we're moving to a new facility. Now I need you all to help load up the trucks with all our office equipment and supplies." Yeah, you know where this is going. Next morning, the kids show up to an empty building and his highness is long gone. Kids are screwed and the local FBO has a bad fuel check for $30K. This is at least the 2nd time (maybe 3rd) this guy has "allegedly" pulled this same act.
Agree with Boris' "if it's too good to be true" analysis. As much as I despise it as a guiding economic or social principle... Caveat freaking emptor!
I wouldn't be surprised if this Javelin isn't the same guy under a new guise... After all, he is Indian and the Indians do tend strongly to believe in reincarnation.

ASA at Atwater came to mind for me: http://2ndcity.wordpress.com/2008/0...anded-in-usa-due-to-aviation-school-shutdown/
This guy allegedly, "I heard" (clears throat) grabbed $45-$60K up front from almost 200 students. He kept 'em all in ground for months. When he reckoned the grumbling had become just a little teensy bit too loud, he comes in one day and announces "Good News, we're moving to a new facility. Now I need you all to help load up the trucks with all our office equipment and supplies." Yeah, you know where this is going. Next morning, the kids show up to an empty building and his highness is long gone. Kids are screwed and the local FBO has a bad fuel check for $30K. This is at least the 2nd time (maybe 3rd) this guy has "allegedly" pulled this same act.
Agree with Boris' "if it's too good to be true" analysis. As much as I despise it as a guiding economic or social principle... Caveat freaking emptor!
I wouldn't be surprised if this Javelin isn't the same guy under a new guise... After all, he is Indian and the Indians do tend strongly to believe in reincarnation.
The owner was Manpreet Singh and his wife. (who lived in India) He was in this country under a green card and sent the money back to India that the students paid. They had no business license and finally no insurance. They had a dozen violations levied against them by the FAA, their aircraft had continual terrible maintenance issues, they owed a small fortune in unpaid fuel bills, (as well as other bills they never paid) and last I knew were being investigated by the FBI and the DA up in Merced.

Their Airline Flight Training Counselor/coach lives in Florida and has a consulting business there.

If this guy ran a simulator company and worked at a few other flight schools, run far, far, FAR away...lest you be "Mitch'd"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Back