It’s finally happened!!

After multiple interviews and TBNTs, I was triumphant at the interview “game”. I interviewed with AA and got the job! No class date yet, but I have begun the onboarding process. I’m not a big player here on JC, but I know many of you have been pulling for me. Thanks for all the well wishes and positive vibes.

Congrats. That's great you got the gig!

Now, if you don't mind sharing with us of course. What did you learn from the multiple interviews that, what was hinge point or "click" that you think made the grade with American and not your previous experiences?

Congrats. That's great you got the gig!

Now, if you don't mind sharing with us of course. What did you learn from the multiple interviews that, what was hinge point or "click" that you think made the grade with American and not your previous experiences?

Honestly, I have no idea. After telling the same stories, but refining them each time, perhaps it came out better? I was always myself, maybe a better version came out for AA? But even that sounds wrong. My Dad was a mechanic for Usairways starting back in the 60’s with Allegheny, so I have a more personal tie to AA through that connection than any other carrier I interviewed with. I worked for Airways as well from 2000-2002 as an airplane cleaner until the fallout from 9/11 killed Pittsburgh and my job. I was able to play that up a bit of course.

But honestly, I don’t know what I did or didn’t do that made it click this time.

D578FFC8-BF30-4C19-9181-2FB6A9F6AD2A.jpeg

Back