IT Outage

A1TAPE

How is everyone managing with the Crowdstrike server killing update? Looks like Microsoft fixed it and things are starting to come back online.
Also why were skywest subs exempted on the delta outage ground stop? Skywrst do you guys even use Microsoft or is it because delta knows your UA side is also in the ground stop?

United is having coffee

Here's more info

Attachments

• IMG_20240719_070443.jpg
    IMG_20240719_070443.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 226
United is having coffee

Here's more info
Yeah might be a dumb question from dispatch but is UA and DL in a GS due to scheduling loosing track of crews? I saw online that customers were complaining about being unable to checkin for flights so I’m sure it’s more widespread.

But also why GS the airline if scheduling can’t keep track of crews? Granted on an IROP day everyone will end up in random cities after diverting but on a VFR it should be possible to track crews just based off their planned flying schedule for the day and days ahead.

Yeah might be a dumb question from dispatch but is UA and DL in a GS due to scheduling loosing track of crews? I saw online that customers were complaining about being unable to checkin for flights so I’m sure it’s more widespread.

But also why GS the airline if scheduling can’t keep track of crews? Granted on an IROP day everyone will end up in random cities after diverting but on a VFR it should be possible to track crews just based off their planned flying schedule for the day and days ahead.

I read that it's more than that. Flights can't be canceled, pax can't be rebooked, etc.

I read that it's more than that. Flights can't be canceled, pax can't be rebooked, etc.
At least one GDS, Amadeus, stated they were affected. That's probably where this part of the issue comes from. I still suspect it was more than just that one thing, though, because all three of Delta, United, and American had explicit advisories or comments in the main advisory about issues communicating with flights, which the GDS has nothing to do with.

This is why I want to slap people that say "Why don't we use (IT suite from previous airline)". Oh, so you want to put all of our eggs in the last companies, WHICH YOU LEFT, basket?

Back