Is there a contract involved with DCA's student housing?

bullmastiff

Is there a contract involved with DCA\'s student housing?

What is everybodys take on the student housing? Would I have to stay there for the duration of my time at DCA, or could I move out after a while? I would like to get a apartment, but will ot know anybody at first, and i definetely dont want to pay for an aprtment all out of my own pocket. thanks
mastiff

Re: Is there a contract involved with DCA\'s student housing?

Pretty sure it is a contract for the length of your schooling. Not sure, but that is what I recall. Call the school and ask for Ron Lewis, he's the housing guy and he'll know. You could also ask him to look around on the bulletin boards at school, or he might know someone that is renting out a room or looking for a roomate.

I recall (but that was in 1999) that one could leave the apartments by the end of each month. Suggest that you take a comair apartment for 1-2 months and in the meantime connect with some others to share a 2/3 place apartment. Sanford got some new, nice places. When i was there, we had 4 choices. Housing was priced around 400 bucks a month. You get cheaper when you hook up with some mates. My place wasn't that clean at all, especially the bathrooms - so prepare to do some cleaning before settle down (might have changed by now
wink.gif

At my time, most instructors lived in Lake Mary (much nicer than SFB but also more expensive).

Cheers, fluf

I am a student at DCA and I love the place. There is a contract for student housing but I suggest that you go out on your own to rent a place....preferably not in Sanford. look in Lake Mary, that is where my wife and I live and it is very nice. It takes me maybe 15 minutes to get to the airport. check out, i think something like apartments.com or rent.com or I would be happy to give you a few places to look at. Let me know!

Any other questions let me know, I would be happy to help!

Back