Is the SSN selection thing for real?

HonuPineapple

***please note, above poll is anonymous. Your username won't be associated with your vote!***

Is the AT-SAT selected on the basis of last SSN number? I've seen this mentioned a few times here on the boards. Is this for real? I thought that as long as you meet the minimum requirements you get selected for the test.

Please reply if you know a definite answer and note the source of your information. Speculation and rumors on this board are everywhere and it's hard to take things seriously unless there's some evidence it came from a person who knows what the deal is.

Better yet, if you've been invited to take the AT-SAT or have taken it, please vote in the poll and say the following, in case the PUBNATs switched SSNs:

Last#: ***-**-***?
Selected for PUBNAT?

I want to figure out if this is true or not.

------------------------
Known SSN last digits of ppl invited to take the AT-SAT:
I'll update here as people reply so the info is in one place.

PUBNAT1: 3, 9
PUBNAT2: 0, 0, 1, 3, 7
PUBNAT3: no invites yet

I honestly don't think you'll find someone on here who met the requirements and was not selected, but I'll play along...

Last #: ***-**-***7
Selected for PUBNAT2

I honestly don't think you'll find someone on here who met the requirements and was not selected, but I'll play along...

I don't think I will either. That's why I'm hoping to debunk this. It would be nice to have one less bit of speculation on the boards.

i think you can go ahead and get rid of the speculation, bc it would not make any sense to pick people to take the test based on their SSN, and then keep opening up more announcements every month. think about it 4000 applicants=1000 well qualified=800 OKC graduates=400 CPC

A Complete estimate, but there is just not enough applicants to just leave people out. i posted on another thread where they only recieved 2500 applicants for PUBNAT2&3 and you know how many of those are just us reapplying. you have nothing to worry about, just pass the test and we will all be headed to OKC.

i think you can go ahead and get rid of the speculation, bc it would not make any sense to pick people to take the test based on their SSN, and then keep opening up more announcements every month. think about it 4000 applicants=1000 well qualified=800 OKC graduates=400 CPC

A Complete estimate, but there is just not enough applicants to just leave people out. i posted on another thread where they only recieved 2500 applicants for PUBNAT2&3 and you know how many of those are just us reapplying. you have nothing to worry about, just pass the test and we will all be headed to OKC.

A friend of mine who did meet the requirements did not get selected to take the test for PUBNAT 2.

BTW last # 0
pubnat 2

Like I said in another post, it was absolutly true that they used SS# when they had a few massive job fairs back in 2005. I was there. My number didn't get picked, nor did my 3 other friends who also went. Since then the FFA came to realize that that system didn't work.

With the PUBNA's, it looks like they are picking everyone to take the AT-SAT who meets the requirments. I've read of a few people who didn't get picked even though they were qualified, but that was because someone in OKC messed up when caculating their experience.

Last Digit of 1.
I took the test Nov 8th of 2005 and got a 96.4 was told I was selected because they took everybody with the lasr digit 0 or 1. I was told by someone who works at Indy Center the reason I never got an interview is they only hired people with the last digit of 0.

Back