Is the PEPC really all day?

ken8846

Hello all,

I am attending the MEM PEPC on the 25th and am wondering how long the PEPC really takes.... If I have a 8AM start time, when do you think I should be safe catching a flight home? I have a wedding the next day and am trying to make plans to get there.

Thanks

I would say prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I saw somewhere that about 6-7 hours is a fair figure to expect. I would suggest maybe catching a flight later in the evening just for some C.Y.A. room.

It took me from about 8 to about 1:15. Granted, we started at almost 8:45. I guess it could take longer if you are a slow typer on the security form.

It took me from about 8 to about 1:15. Granted, we started at almost 8:45. I guess it could take longer if you are a slow typer on the security form.

So what did you do when you got there at 8? Isn't the interview first? Did you spend 45 minutes staring at the wall?

I had attended the NYC PEPC and this is what I know:

The interview is first, but we did not wait too long for it. They first collected our 8500 and then we sat in a room for a quick briefing. Then they started calling names for the interviews and you sit in a large room with other interviews happening around you.

Afterwards you head to HR if they like you, where you will get your TOL. The rest of the day is spent doing med eval, security, etc.

I started at 9am and did not leave until 4. The day did go by pretty smoothly, but definitely try to book your flight home for after 5 or so. During the briefing they did ask at what time we were leaving to try to get the people with the earlier flights moving quicker. But don't just rely on them.

Hope this helps.:)

Entering your SF85 or 86 info into the computer for screening takes the longest. Depending on how much info you have to enter in, it could take between one hour to two. It took me two hours because my computer station was having problems.

Back