Is Tab Express Still In Business? Cannot Open Website

BrianNC

From reading this forum I have tried to go to their site but I keep coming up with the 'Cannot find server" page. They haven't gone out of business have they?

Maybe the site is just down.

As far as I know they're still around. It could be that the server is down.

Tab Express is another operation which hurts the aviation industry and could perhaps cast a dark shadow on your name around the industry ... a la Gulfstream.

While the curriculum is extremely valuable for an airline/charter pilot hopeful (flying King Airs and B1900s) ... the organization is doing a dis-service to the industry in order to make a buck. From a business standpoint it's genius, but from a pilot's perspective wanting to earn an appropriate wage to support oneself and a family, it's just not cool.

Tab Express claims to have an airline. You can fly for this airline *IF* you pay them to train for it. Tab Express, like Gulfstream, I believe does not hire FOs off the street ... they must come through the flight training program.

This means to land a job with the company, you must pay them approx. $35,000 (Gulfstream? and you have to come in w/ many ratings) or upwards of $100,000 (Tab Express-which they say is refundable w/ signing a four-year contract but more on that later) for employment.

Because of supply/demand ... pilot hopefuls are willing to buy a job. Companies in any industry should be paying for the training of their employees, but because of economics in the aviation industry, these Ops know you'll pay it to get a leg up on others.

By the way, when you get this experience ... usually your pay is the same at a regional airline with other pilots of the same years and equipment, whether your hours come from 172s as a CFI or a student at Tab in the King Airs.

Tab's "limited-time" offer which has been up for a long while now ... it's all marketing ... says that full flight training costs will be refunded by signing a four-year contract. And not to far away it says you can fully finance up to $100,000.00. That should set off some alarms. One has to pass all initial stage checks, maintain a certain GPA in groundschool, etc. There HAVE to be many loopholes in the contract for Tab to collect and not refund the money.

Why would Tab refund all flight training costs, then pay you to fly ... how would they then cover the overhead for running a training program in King Airs and B1900s and run their airline?

Should Tab find a loop hole ... you're stuck with approx. $100,000.00 in debt for something that is not appreciable (ie a mortgage).

BrianNC ... I am just a private pilot who has not gone to Tab. Hang around JC long enough though, and you get a feel for the industry--both positive and negatives. I love flying and enjoy spreading the joy. I also like helping others begin. It's my job as a member of JC to help inform you about things when making decisions like yours.

I'm not here to call you an idiot for looking into Tab or Gulfstream. On the outside, the magazine ads they seem like a sweet deal. If you go with these programs, good luck to you ... if not, good luck to you. I'm just trying to help you make informed decisions with regard to flight training ... as most of us on here are. It's just that programs like these really burn us up and we hate to see people get suckered in by the neat marketing.

There are members from Tab and Gulfstream who have both enjoyed or regretted their choice ... and those that don't regret it do say how the companies just aren't what they used to be.

Read the forums, get a feel ... and good luck to ya.

yeahthat.gif

I've also seen their marketing for going on two years now (including a billboard along I-4 b/w DAB and MCO), but to my knowledge, their "airline" has yet to fly a revenue flight. Plus, the tag line on the advertising pretty much screams PFT "Now hiring First Officers! Financing available!"

[ QUOTE ]
I heard from a guy who knows the owner/originator of TAB, that is no more and was a complete failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? I am able to get the website now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard from a guy who knows the owner/originator of TAB, that is no more and was a complete failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? I am able to get the website now.

[/ QUOTE ]it wouldn't surprise me if it did fail

From the TAB site. Shows their willingness to keep up-to-date. How long do you figure they attempted to battle the FAA on this one before they had to cave?

[ QUOTE ]
TAB Express Travel has temporarily suspended taking reservations for TAB Express Airlines.

The FAA has required the installation of new radio equipment, which warns of collision with terrain. TAB Express Airlines is securing and scheduling the new equipment to be installed. Once TAB Express Airlines completes the sequence of getting the equipment installed and flight tested, TAB Express Travel will resume our reservations.

It is not our wish to alienate our customer’s travel plans so we must therefore temporarily decline reservations for TAB Express Airlines.

Thank you for your consideration and we hope to speak with you soon with regard to your future travel plans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to get ahold of the owner. I think I would have had an easier time finding Jimmy Hoffa.
banghead.gif

Wasn't the requirement for terrain avoidance equipment implemented YEARS ago?
Seems odd they are just mentioning this.....

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't the requirement for terrain avoidance equipment implemented YEARS ago?
Seems odd they are just mentioning this.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule was created long ago. Airlines had util this spring to comply. I'm sure that instead of actually just complying, tab argued and argued. Great management.

Somehow I doubt they argued that much. This just gives them a convenient excuse to explain why they aren't flying passengers.
wink.gif

They're still around, but I heard they might be shutting down very very soon. Anyone else hear about this??

My sentiments exactly .... I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the number of crooked flight "academies" out there like TAB Express but I still am. Wonder where all the ex-ATA headhunters who went to TAB will turn up next? My vote is for jail.

Also wonder if any pour souls got suckered into that "deal" they were advertising a while ago ... what exactly was it? Something like pay the entire program's tuition up front and upon successful completion, you'll be hired as a pilot for our airline AND receive a refund on your tuition. What a scam.

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I doubt they argued that much. This just gives them a convenient excuse to explain why they aren't flying passengers.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like they shut the doors!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you basing that on? The website being down?

Website is down and my computer says it has been changed or moved meaning they probably have closed the doors ( sounds like ATA all over)

They are done. Another PFT operation bites the dust. Can't say I'm sorry to see them go, but yet I do feel a bit sorry for those that wasted daddy's money at that place.

Their Phone number rings and I left a message for one of their personel. Must still be operational.

Back