Is Envoy worth it?

airviationpapii

airviation
Hi all,

im currently at a 135 that pays well but I eventually want to get in with a 121. I recently applied to envoy but just wanted to be sure that the move ill most likely make is the correct one?

Should I stay or should I go??

Any insight on Envoy would be great as far as
-turn over rate
-schedules
-culture
-how long dispatchers usually stick around before moving to a major?
-which majors are known to hire from envoy?

Anything will help thank you!!!

If you want to get on with a major eventually, you will need some 121 dispatching experience. So, while not knowing anything about your current pay vs. Envoy pay, etc. I would say, yes, it's worth it. The majors are hiring like crazy now and picking up people from regionals with a lot less experience than they once did. AA in particular seems fond of hiring dispatchers from Envoy. Good luck with your decision!

TY! Also, I heard Envoy has some sort of initial test before they even offer you an interview? If so, is just basic dispatch knowledge?
If you want to get on with a major eventually, you will need some 121 dispatching experience. So, while not knowing anything about your current pay vs. Envoy pay, etc. I would say, yes, it's worth it. The majors are hiring like crazy now and picking up people from regionals with a lot less experience than they once did. AA in particular seems fond of hiring dispatchers from Envoy. Good luck with your decision!

TY! Also, I heard Envoy has some sort of initial test before they even offer you an interview? If so, is just basic dispatch knowledge?

Every airline does things a bit differently and I have never worked for Envoy so not sure. Generally speaking though, yes, it would just be basic dispatch knowledge to make sure you know when an alternate is required, etc. I will defer to any former or current ENY dispatchers for specifics.

Go with ULCC. Skip the regional, Spirit is hiring a lot nex year and you can get an offee with part 135 experience. DL took several DX from NK recently. The current trainer generation at Envoy is pretty brand new on the floor, I dont say it is the worst but you can get better training with ULCC and move on to the major. My 2 cents.

A lot of MQ dispatchers go to Spirit, SW and AA. AA has taken 50 in the past two years, with next year probably planning another 10-20 Haven't had many DL or United but I'm sure it's possible.

I believe the numbers are skewed due to AA dispatchers and connected AA people sending their kids to MQ. Everyone knows why they got hired at AA and it sure wasn't the whole 6 months they spent at MQ.
The culture is mgmt thinks everything is legal and should launch yet the vast majority can't read an approach plate...or even attempt to read notams.
The union is non-existent and in bed with mgmt..it's a love story for the ages...

I agree with the above post about going to Spirit instead.

Very interesting view point and not exactly correct,
The dispatchers who are lucky enough to have relatives in AA may have an advantage but they still have to pass the test and interview on their own.
What I have seen is that most work harder to prove they deserved the job.

Envoy uses the same software and same rules as AA. That makes it much easier for the prior Envoy dispatchers to comp out earlier. This is a major savings for the company.

And actually PAFCA is a pretty good union. The union fought pretty hard for the new TA.

Back