IPC Check & Current Again

bharatbachani

I am a FAA CPL,CFI,CFII which hasn't flown in last 1.5 yes or so. Just moved to Olathe Ks. Would like to be current again for the flying aspect. Any CFI,CFII around here to guide me how the process works and How much $$ I am looking for estimate?

Thanks!!

An IPC can vary depending on how much prep you do. If you learn the current regulations and know how to operate in the IFR environment it shouldn't be too much of an issue. For a current person an IPC is about 1.5 flight and 1 hour ground. If you need some time to get your scan back and some oral time it can take 5 hours of flight time and many hours on the ground. Find someone experienced to give you the IPC and study study study.

I read it, and assumed he was going to be looking for a job next...so I gave the guy a heads up...sorry if it was not proper etiquette. You know, pilots helping pilots, and all. Oh wait. Wrong website...

Hays is 200 miles from Olathe. As far as an IPC, go over to OJC and I'm sure they can get you handled. 1.5 years isn't bad at all, I have been away for 4 years and it was like riding a bike.

Hiflyer.... Thanks alot for the head's up, really appreciate it.....I will look into that....
Scott: Thanks a billion for the method to go about.... I have already done my flight review , and studying for my IPC check as we speak......and in search for a good CFII.......
Desertdog: Thanks again for the input, I chose New Century KS for the flight and ground Instruction...

Also, I m actively looking for a good job, if you guys have some link please forward it....
Thanks!!

Back