Introduction Flight Today -- Pictures

MrLeisure757

Hi Everyone --

I had my introductory flight today! It went really well. My flight instructor is a really nice guy. I performed the take-off from Keene, climb and cruise towards the east at 3,500ft. He then told me that we were going to land at a different airport and re-fuel. He had me descend, and then he took over at about 1,000ft. He landed, we re-fueled and off we went. He had me taxi this time, and then take-off, climb, cruise and descend back into Keene. It was so neat being in control up there. He then said "This time, you are going to land. I'll talk you through it." I was really excited. I came in on the downwind, and then turned for final on runway 02. I came in very nicely, with only a little bit off the centerline. He told me he was very impressed, but I owe it to him for talking me through it all! I taxied in, and I performed the checklist for shut-down and that was it! I did most of the flying which I didn't expect to do so much, but I am very happy to have done so. It was the coolest thing ever, and this IS where I want to be for a career - in the sky. I hope you enjoyed reading...and here are some pictures..

Thanks for checking this out!

Nick

My friend flew from Nashua to Keene this morning for breakfast. What time were you there? It's a nice big airport to have no tower.

MrLeisure757

JGriffis - Just incredible. I get so happy just thinking about it!!

Nick - I was there around 9:00. Returned about 10:00 We saw a Cessna head out before us, perhaps it was him?

MrLeisure757

Yes, my Mother decided she wanted me to get my PPL, for being such a great kid and student in school.

So I am going for my Private when I turn 17 in October.

EatSleepFly

Congrats, and have fun working on the private!!!

For a second there, I thought I had flown that plane before...but I checked the logbook and the one I flew was 8174N. Must have been made around the same time.

CAVOK

You will remember your first flight at the controls for the rest of your career. I just hope you understand that you have now caught "the bug", it is an addiction that you won't be able to get rid of!!

jjm

hey dude-
I'm jealous-- that was one of the best rides I've ever taken... As for training- enjoy the ride-- it's a lot of fun!
My god, Keene is such a cool little town, my sister lives over in Dublin-- nice place, even with all those pumpkins
And some of the prettiest country you'll ever see...

Take it easy-
J

G

Great pictures and it seems like you had fun! My intro is hopefully next weekend.

MrLeisure757

CAVOK - I am hooked for life after that flight!

jjm - Dublin is a great town. I am next to it, in Hancock. Although the cold and snow gets depressing in the winter, it's nice in the other three seasons.

Brian - You are going to love your intro!! It was so cool to be doing what I have always wanted to do since I was 5.

flyguy

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks --

That would have been neat flying the same plane as another member of the site!

[/ QUOTE ]

When I did my intro flight about a year and a half ago in Pueblo CO, another JC member just happened to have had the plane right before me, which we discovered after I posted about my intro flight.

My Intro Flight