International Non-Rev , Liquids, Uniform?

v1valarob

The title is what I searched for with no help.

Im going to Manchester, England next week, and Im wondering about when coming back, if in uniform, does the 3-1-1 rule apply to me even though Im in uniform?

The UK rules for flight crews are tighter than the US. Basically, you have restricted liquid sizes whether you're in uniform or not.

I just got back from London (LHR) last week and was wondering the same thing as I was going through security. They did search my bag and the rule applied even in uniform.

Just go to Target, buy the miniature Tooth-Paste, and Deo. Take a hotel shampoo and moisturizer at your next overnight and you're ready to go. Best part being you don't have to wear your uniform.

I went to Amsterdam with a captain friend (Sherpa), and I put on my shirt just to walk through security in Amsterdam, and lets just say I was questioned by the first guy when they found out I wasnt working the flight, then I was questioned by the head of security at the airport. It was not an easy ordeal. He was a prick.

I went to Amsterdam with a captain friend (Sherpa), and I put on my shirt just to walk through security in Amsterdam, and lets just say I was questioned by the first guy when they found out I wasnt working the flight, then I was questioned by the head of security at the airport. It was not an easy ordeal. He was a prick.

Not completely a surprise. If I was security I might wonder as well why one would wear their pilot uniform in a foreign airport when they aren't working the flight. Add in that your airline doesn't even operate out of that airport/country and it seems odd.

Just from nonreving this week I noticed a number of commuting/nonreving crewmembers. It looks like the uniform goes on in order to cut all lines. Hey, I'd like to cut the line too non-reving but what to I know, I guess I consider myself a passenger at that point. Passengers automatically move out of the way thinking we're working, little do they know that we're just traveling like them.

Just from nonreving this week I noticed a number of commuting/nonreving crewmembers. It looks like the uniform goes on in order to cut all lines. Hey, I'd like to cut the line too non-reving but what to I know, I guess I consider myself a passenger at that point. Passengers automatically move out of the way thinking we're working, little do they know that we're just traveling like them.
I disagree. Most of the time you are traveling in order to get to work or get back home. I (politely) cut lines without mercy or remorse.

Most Tub Stackers will direct uniformed crewmembers to come to the front of the line working or not..They don't like you to wait in line when not working becuase it confuses the pax who are typically confused enough already...

Why would you want to travel in your uniform internationally? I hate doing it domestically, but the small bottles of contact solution, toothpaste, shaving cream start to get expensive. Just buy the travel size ones and dont hassle with ur uniform.

Dern. Appreciate the responses. Saves me from having my liquids taken away.

Here's to a major de-rail..

Rob, how's it on this side of the phone :) Can you now plainly see why we wish that all new schedulers would have to spend a week riding around with a junior CA? just so they know what they're doing when they extend you on day 6?

Ride a cargo carrier. Should fix your problem. Maybe not your EXACT destination, but at least a short train ride away.

Ride a cargo carrier. Should fix your problem. Maybe not your EXACT destination, but at least a short train ride away.

I have looked. Its kind of hard to find out the exact schedules. But if I could find a cargo carrier going to Manchester, I would be on it.

Here's to a major de-rail..

Rob, how's it on this side of the phone :) Can you now plainly see why we wish that all new schedulers would have to spend a week riding around with a junior CA? just so they know what they're doing when they extend you on day 6?

All Ill say is, if the union drive isn't successful this year, I cant imagine staying much longer beyond my 1 year contract date.

Back