Insurance mins and flying 91 jets

Goldmember

Alright here's the deal, my best friend from college works at a huge law firm in North Carolina and says they've done their homework and fly enough to warrant buying a plane and starting a flight department within the next year, most likely up and running in January. Cool. He says they are looking into getting a challenger and would I be interested in being one of the pilots flying it. Umm, the answer is ridiculously obvious but I am in no way qualified whatsoever and have no delusions that I will be anytime soon. I have 260 total and a wet comm, getting my CFI this week or next, and that's it. By january I think I'll be around 500-600 total, and maybe 25 multi, nothing more complex than an arrow and a baron. So I guess I have a couple of questions:

1) Would insurance even let me be SIC of something like that with that low of time in a part 91 operation? If they sent me for type training?

2) Is it generally harder to get insurance for part 91 in larger jets than 121 or 135? It seems a lot of guys get hired with low time at airlines but not in 91 ops, and I know the 135 mins keep low time pilots out. I'm really doubtful that I can qualify for this opportunity though it seems like a dream job that is falling into my lap in just the wrong time. What do you guys think?

mjg407

It all depends under the insurance. We operate under part 91 and have some low time copilots, so to answer #1 It depends on what insurance program and what training you show them. Sorry not much of an answer. I would recommend calling some of the larger avaition insurers to find out. Caledonian is one http://www.ciginsure.com/ (their website is on the fritz right now)