Instrument written passed...now on to checkride

fisher37

I passed my instrument written today! I'm pretty excited, its probably the hardest/most nerve racking test i've ever had. Wow. On to the checkride next week sometime! Any pointers??:rawk:

Congrats on the written. I kept putting mine off as long as I could before I took it.

Anyhow, I just passed my checkride Wednesday and if I can give you any advice it would be:

do not wait 2 weeks between your last flight and your ride
be confident
try to relax
prove you know how to do what you've trained to do

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the written. I kept putting mine off as long as I could before I took it.

Anyhow, I just passed my checkride Wednesday and if I can give you any advice it would be:

do not wait 2 weeks between your last flight and your ride
be confident
try to relax
prove you know how to do what you've trained to do

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

:yeahthat: I loooooved the IR practical test. Just make sure you are up to speed with your approaches, partial panel, and holds. Congrats on the test and good luck with your ride you'll do great.

thanks for the replies! as for today..it sucks.

I was going to go on my last lesson before my prog check and checkride today...so i go to the school... going to head to my home town. 190 nm, its going to take 3 hours to get there! great!!! dont you love a direct headwind at 45 knots?! anywho...so i decided on a different destination...going to go to Kansas City, go out to the airplane, start it up, get the g1000 up and running...wouldnt you know, a stuck mic! woohoo! so we ended up scrubbing the flight plans for today...just wouldnt have been smart to go after all the trouble I had today. thanks for reading my blog lol.

just an update...

I've been working on my prog check for a few days now...I did my oral the first day, thursday i believe it was...had a few problems there, not much that is a very big deal...except pilot reporting points to atc...such as unforecast weather. I flew yesterday, and I had a 'duh' moment...did left turns in a standard hold. I didnt even think about it until I got on the ground. And on my VOR 17 approach into Salina KS (KSLN) I accidently started down after station passage, I didnt have positive course guidance yet. So I have to go flying again on Monday morning with the prog checker for the hold and VOR approach again, then It will be time for my checkride. I feel like I'm ready now....honestly over prepared with all the stuff that the prog checker asked me....

Back