Instrument rated!

pwttogfk

Yep, I'm no longer earthbound during the PNW rainy season! For those of you preparing for your checkrides, I've attached a copy of the debrief sheet my flight school had me file (with names redacted).

Attachments

pwttogfk

Nope--it'll be a while before the commercial since I'm starting at UND this fall. I was considering other schools because of the training I've already done, but UND gave me some fantastic scholarships & I had been given scholarships for my private/instrument.

troopernflight

Congrats! I must say that I wish I was at the same point. I have been working on my instrument for 2 weeks and I'm already overwhelmed. It's like PPL material on crack.:D

pwttogfk

Congrats! I must say that I wish I was at the same point. I have been working on my instrument for 2 weeks and I'm already overwhelmed. It's like PPL material on crack.:D
It's a whole lot easier once you start to get ahead of the airplane. I'd suggest listening to ATC online @ http://www.liveatc.net in your free time to start to get a "feel" for IFR comms, and getting a copy of your a/c checklist to practice flows and approaches at home with MSFS. IFR flight is intense but fun!

av8or91

Congrats on the rating:nana2:

Nope--it'll be a while before the commercial since I'm starting at UND this fall. I was considering other schools because of the training I've already done, but UND gave me some fantastic scholarships & I had been given scholarships for my private/instrument.

You should do pretty good the first three semesters then since all you will be doing is stuff you have probably done. Ive been at UND for 2 years (now finishing summer school) and am finally doing the commercial multi instrument stage check. Been way too long but you learn alot.

Toria

Great Job! Flying in the clouds is very different from foggles. You will enjoy it. Be safe!